Thursday 24 October 2013

Steampunk Tag/Bookmark


This is my second DT make today.

Our challenge at Crafty Ribbons this week is anything but a card. I have my next craft fair on 30th October and hope to have a few of these bookmarks/large tags to sell. After making a girly one with my new Prima doll stamp I wanted to make a steampunk one. It's the first time I have tried something like this and nowhere near as clever and complex as some of you clever crafters make but I loved making it and will definitely be giving some more a try.

All the products are Tim Holtz except the rubon pennyfarthing and ribbon which is from Crafty Ribbons of course. Even that has had the DI vintage photo treatment as I didn't want it white. I used various rubons and stamps, then DI Vintage Photo and Aged Mahogany. I then heat embossed the die cut on the edge steampunk cad with copper embossing powder and added a bulldog clip.

Challenges
Crafty Catz A gift to remember 
Bunny Zoe Ribbon
The Ribbon Girl Brown

19 comments:

Sammy said...

Lovely! I do have a weakness for steampunk, and Tim Holtz is sooooo good for that kind of stuff!
Love that ribbon too, definitely a bookmark I'd buy. x

rachel said...

wonderful Marianne - love this xx

Christine Dol said...

Fabulous tag Marianne.I love that you are always pushing your crafty heart to try things! You did a great job!

Sue said...

This is fantastic Marianne, such a fabulous design and wonderful detailing.
Sue xx

The Little Stamper said...

What a fabulous bookmark - perfect for those men in our lives I think!

Sharon x

Debs said...

I think it's fabulous Marianne - perfect for any man.
Debs xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Marianne, a fabulous tag, love the design and the sentiment is just right for such a design. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Love it Marianne, what a great design,love all the little details, hugs Kate x

Pami said...

Fabulous tag Marianne, I wished I could do this style so well! Pami x

carol said...

Hello Marianne, this is really lovely, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Sandra H said...

Marianne what a fabulous tag x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous tag Marianne. Gorgeous colours and design
Lorraine x

Vicky said...

Lurve this tag sweetie I am useless at this type of thing....mine would end up looking like my grandaughter had done it lol. This is awesome!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Carol S. said...

Hi Marianne, great tag and just the right amount of 'steam punk' for me! When it is really weird, it goes straight over my head! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Marianne, this is the one thing I miss, with my Kindle, bookmarks, fabulous creation my lovely, xxxx

13 sleeps xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Great tag Marianne

Anne

Lynsey said...

This is gorgeous Marianne and looks even better IRL!
Hugs Lynsey x

Ribbon Girl said...

Gorgeous tag Marianne - Thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl October Colour Challenge, Mary x

coops said...

so stunnning marianne..i love the steampunk design :D

xx coops xx