Sunday 25 November 2012

Let it Snow and I've been published!


I had a lovely e-mail from somebody who bought some cards from me recently at a craft fair asking if she could order 6 Christmas cards. She wanted A5 size, which is not my favourite size to make. I do find square cards easier for some reason but I was surprised how well this came out. Using the fabulous sketch at Christmas challenges with sketches really helped. They have really great sketches with lots of layers, which I love. If you haven't tried this challenge before then check them out.

Of course the other thing with making A5 cards is that you can't use 6 x 6 paper for the backing paper so I had a sort through my papers and found lots of green left in this old  Papermania pack so I challenged myself to make an all green card. Not a colour I usually use on its own, as it isn't a favourite of mine but I do really like the soft green.

Image - Pollycraft
Medium - Promarkers
Papers - Papermania
Sentiment - LOTV
Tree - Sizzix die
Snowflakes - MS punches
Other - German glass glitter, Viva decor pearl pen, DI Bundled Sage

Other Challenges
2 Sisters Winter Wonderland 
Divas by Design 2 or more patterned papers 
Papercrafting journey CASE a DT card (Alethea's let it snow and snowballs card)

I will be selling at a craft fair all day today so will catch up with you later and link my card.

I was very pleased to receive an e-mail a while ago from Papercraft Inspirations asking if they could feature my blog with a card they had seen on here. Here is part of the page.

25 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

love your frosty card and all those snowflakes and congrats on the publication so well deserved
Hugs Kate xx

cebelica said...

Congrats on being published! :)
Your card is very beautiful. I like all the snowflakes. Good luck at the craft fair today - I hope you will sell a lot of cards! Hugs! xx

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Marianne. Fab colours and love that cute image. Congrats on your mag publication hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Marianne. I love the sweet image and fabulous colours.
Well done for being published!!

Hugs Sue

Kelly Lloyd said...

congratulations on being published Marianne..

your card is beautiful.. Love the greens.

Hope all goes well at the fair today

Hugs Kelly

Caroline said...

Marianne this is gorgeous I love the cute image and the layout and colours are fabulous. Caroline xxx

rachel said...

fabulous card Marianne - and well done on getting your blog published! Fab xx

Christine Dol said...

Congratulations Marianne on being published, that is awesome! You love this hobby (just like I do) and it just makes it so wonderful to see something like you receive such an honour!
Love your teal card today...I think you can make any dimension and any colour work!LOL

Wilma said...

Lovely card and what a cute image!
Thanks for joining us at CCWS!
Love, Wilma

Wendy said...

Your card is so gorgeous Marianne, love the sweet image and colours.
Congrats on being published.
Wendy xx

Jolanda said...

Thanks for joining the challenge at CCWS, you made a great contribution! Lovely

Lynsey said...

Beautiful card Marianne and congrats on being published!
Hugs Lynsey x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marianne. I love the image and fab colours.
Congratulations on being published.
Lorraine x

MagsB said...

This is a lovely card, the papers are scrumptious! And many congrats on being published, it's richly deserved.

love Mags B x

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Marianne, love the very cute image & gorgeous sparkly details. Congrats on being published too hun.

Donna x

mags said...

A lovely card Marianne. The image is so cute and love all the layers. Well done on being published too.
Mags
x

coops said...

so gorgeous marianne.fab image and colours and i love your sparkle.huge congrats on being published too :D

xx coops xx

Is said...

Congrats on being published Marianne!
Hugs from Spain

Enfys said...

Woohoo, huge congrats on making 'beautiful blogs' Marianne, well deserved
Big hugs
Enfys x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card Marianne and love the image.
Congrats on being published.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

beautiful card great image thanks for sharing with us at 2 sisters this week good luck with the challenge Tracy x

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! Love the image and papers. Thank you for joining us at 2 Sisters this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill A x

Anonymous said...

Oh well done you! that is AEWSOME! hugs me xx

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous, sweet card and Congratulations...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Jacki Daniels said...

congrats on your publication well done great card thanks for playing with us at PCJ
Jacki xx