Monday 5 November 2012

Flashdance and all things Gorjuss


Do you remember Flashdance? It's such a great 80s movie and this image from The Paper Shelter captures the look so perfectly. I recently won 3 of their images in their challenge and the great thing about them is that as well as the outline image to colour you also get a coloured image, background and a composite. I love the composite and it is coloured so beautifully I spent the time saved on colouring making an interesting layout. Th papers are Prima Craftsman and these are quite industrial looking papers, which fit in with the warehouse where the main character lived. I just love this colour scheme. I've used an MS zigzag border punch and a MB music die which I cut in half. The sentiment is from an LOTV stamp set and the metal embellishments are K&Co.
Challenges
The Paper Shelter Anything Goes 
CRAFT Birthday 
Creative Inspirations Let's Celebrate 
Fab n Funky Die cuts/punches

Looking forward to going to the theatre tonight to see The Haunting of Julia.

Before I go, thought I would share this pic with you. There's a new gift shop opened in Norwich and look what they have got.

There's so much that I couldn't get it all in the picture. Luckily hubby was with me so I could show him the things I would like Father Christmas to bring me.

23 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Marianne loving the image and the layout is fabulous. Love the little music die. Caroline xxx

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card,love the image....fabulous colours.xxx

Nannieflash said...

Wow stunning card, love the way youve coloured her, it really does look like something from Dirty Dancing. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the image and the colours are fabulous

Hugs Sue

Joey said...

Marianne this is a smashing card! Love it. Joey x

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie I love that these images come with a coloured one as well, tho I tend not to do the coloured ones justice for some reason lol. This is lush tho shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

rachel said...

fabulous card marianne - I do love the image - it really is reminiscent of the film! Fabulous - must watch it again soon! Big hugs Rachel xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

I love that film Marianne, your card is gorgeous.. Love the colour choice too..

Those goodies look great, hope Father Christmas brings everything you asked for lol..

Hugs Kelly

Wishcraft said...

Love the image and all your fab details, gorgeous card. Hope you get some of those gorjuss goodies for Christmas :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Marianne. I love teh image and your choice of colours and layout looks fabulous.
Lorraine x

Chloe said...

lovely card marianne love the image and the layout very colourful

hugs Chloe xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, FAB card! The papers are perfect for this great image.

Hope Graham treats you to some of those Gorjuss goodies :-)

Lisa x

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous just my age group love those leg warmers and a great layout for the image too
Hugs Kate xx

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card Marianne those images are gorgeous l recently won too and got some of them they are so colourful and as you say none coloured images too great price too, lovely gift shop do we now know what's on your shopping list?!! xx

pinky said...

Super cute image Marianne, love what you did with the background and gorgeous layout. I love Gorjuss girls too, there is an amazing array of items there to choose from.

julie_woolston said...

Fantastic card Marianne, love the detail and layout.

The shop looks fab too.

Hugs Julie xx

coops said...

so stunning marianne.i love this image and your details are gorgeous ;D

x coops xx

Aunty Sue said...

totally stunning card thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations with our Celebration challenge

Sonia said...

Hi Marianne, did you receive my reply to Your mail:)?
Your new card is Wonderful and your colouring is fabulous:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Enfys said...

Wow Marianne, your colouring is just spectacular on this card. Love love it
hugs
En x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Marianne,
Ooh what a fab card - love your choice of papers too, they look gorgeous with her and oooh, hope you get some of those goodies for Christmas! Hugs, Teresa x

Donna Mosley said...

OMG!!!! Marianne, what a wonderful load of goodies. I NEED IT ALL LOL! Hope your lovely hubby treats you to lots. :o)

Love your gorgeous card, aww! this is one adorable image.

Donna x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I have 2 Gorjuss purses and also a bag.I think may be addicted!!! Love the card too, although flashdance now makes me think of Robert Webb on Comic Relief LOL.
Hazelxo