Thursday 13 May 2010

No girly colours today

Now you may have noticed that I have had time to do a lot of crafting this week. The reason is that I have been off work sick. I started feeling much better yesterday and got up early this morning to go to work. Having got ready for work and just about to leave I realised I didn't feel as well as yesterday so went to see the doctor this morning. I have a virus and labyrinthitis, which affects your balance and explains why I don't feel quite with it some of the time and a bit woozy. She said it affects your whole body and is the cause of my stomach pains too. I expected her to say I would be OK in a couple of days but she said it takes a couple of weeks and has signed me off work for a week from today, which was a bit of a shock. At least crafting is something you do sitting down so I have been able to do that plus some reading. I'm not one to sit about doing nothing or lie in bed when I am unwell, unless it is something that is really severe of course.

So onto the first card which is another of those LOTV cute bears. I received a lovely pack of images and Wild Rose Studio papers from my blogging buddy Lisa today and couldn't wait to use them. The brown paper is one of those. I added some buttons and Sizzix cut corners.
Challenges:
Incy Wincy mint, chocolate and cream
Crafty Calendar The Great Outdoors
Cards for Men Outdoors
Magical Crafts Lovely sketch
A spoon full of sugar 3 DPs, 3 buttons
Paperplay Brown and any colour(s)

The second card is a Little Clare stamp from Ally Pally. I just couldn't resist these 2 giraffes. Background papers is another RAK from Lisa. I found a rub on in my stash which fitted the image perfectly. Flowers are Prima with added pearls. The great sketch is from Create 4 fun.

25 comments:

jenny said...

Two gorgeous cards Marianne :) Love the cute giraffe one!
Hope you're feeling much better soon, I have had labrynthitis before and it did take me a couple of weeks to recover :(
Have plenty of rest and at least you can still craft a little x

Jenny xx

Linda said...

That are both gorgeous cards. so nice.
hugs Linda

downrightcrafty said...

I was beginning to wonder (thought you had a weeks holiday) hope you feel better soon.

Now you know what I am going to say don't you. Love the edge effect. You will have to post me one, so I can see as it is simply stunning, the bbq bear is sweet to and love those flourishes in the corners.

Get well wishes
Kate xx

dolcreations said...

Oh I love your cards! I just love that Father's Day card Marianne. I hope you are feeling much better soon...I know it is not too fun for you...but I love to see your cards...so it is a treat for us! Lots of cards to see! Get well soon! Love the second card as well! But your teddy card is so YOU! Cup of tea coming your way to make you feel better soon!! Milk and sugar!!! or just milk!!!!

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow these are great cards! I love the cute images and the corners look fab. Glad you like the papers I sent you and are already putting them to good use.

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. One of the girls at work has been feeling like this and has also been diagnosed with a virus affecting the inner ear. It must be going around here in Norfolk.

Lisa x

Unknown said...

Oh Marianne you have my sympathy Labyrinthitis is not nice x Take care of yourself xx Love you cards glad to see its not halting your creativity x

Lynsey said...

Great cards Marianne, they are both so cute! I love the colours you have used.
Hugs Lynsey x

Kazabing said...

Hiya Hunni,
Soz to here you have not been feeling well - but good you are getting plenty of time to play. Thanks for letting me know about my wee win!!!. Lurve your BBQ bear, colours are great. Hope you are feeling better soon, know how you feel though, I affected with my balance too! (think it is the wine though ...lol)

hugs
Kaza.xxx

Nannieflash said...

Wow two stunning cards and fabulous images. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men, and good luck with the Challenge. With hugs Shirleyxxx

Unknown said...

Sorry your not feeling too well, but hopefully crafting will take your mind off it, your 2 cards are gorgeous, love the giraffe's and those corners are a must have, will have to look for them.
Christine x

Donnas Den said...

Great cards, Marianne. Hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck with the challenge over on Cards for Men.

Donna xx

Sarah said...

Fab cards, love both images, so cute!

I'm sorry to hear you've got Labrynthitis. I 1st had that 4 years ago and it was really horrible! Enjoy your time off crafting and make sure you take care of yourself. Don't try rushing back to work.
xx :0)

Julie M said...

Two cute cute cards, Marianne - I particularly love the Father's Day image - so sweet.

Hope you're feeling better soon - I've had vertigo a few times in the past years, not a bit nice.

And thanks for taking part in my challenge on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Renate said...

I love the cute bears and like what you have done with the sketch. Great color combo too.

Hugs Renate - DT Magical Crafts

Unknown said...

Love both your cards... great colours!
Hugs
Kim
x

Nikki said...

Beautiful Cards
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

the crafty duck said...

Hi Marianne, 2 gorgeous cards, your first card is gorgeous, love the image and your papers which are perfect for our sketch this week, thanks for playing at MCFC, love Steph

Kim. said...

Two great cards, love the images on both of them and I especially like the colour combo of the first one.
Kim xXx

Maria said...

Such cute cards! My fave is the card with the bear. Love the layout and all your details. Thanks for playing along with us over at A Spoon Full of Sugar this week. Looking forward to you playing with us again soon. Hugs, Maria

Yesi said...

I love the teddy bear card! so many details it is amazing!

Unknown said...

Two wonderful cards Marianne. Your sketch card is fabulous, love the colour combo.

Thank you for joining us for our sketch challenge over at Magical Crafts.

Hugs

Joanne xx

Heather "Hev" said...

Firstly I hope you are feeling much better today and continue to do so each day!!

Your cards are gorgeous - and as a big giraffe lover I was in love with your giraffe picture!


Thank you for joining us over at Incy Wincy Designs this week :)

Id love it if you would come and visit my personal blog at Vanilla Hevn

Patricia St Martin said...

thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

Tam said...

Hi Marianne,

Awesome card. Love it.
Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs.
Good Luck.
Tami

Unknown said...

Aww two cute cards here Marianne!
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! Viv xx