Thursday 11 February 2010

Pretty in pink Anya


Just back from Sainsbury's shopping where the film of the Time Traveller's Wife slipped into the trolley along with the shopping. If you love reading like I do and haven't read this book then rush out, not now it's freezing outside, and grab yourself a copy. I love this book and want to read it again. I know the film won't be the same but I want to see it anyway.

Now onto the card, which is of course Miss Anya looking pretty in pink and brown. I just got these flowers from Wild Orchid after seeing them on so many blogs. This sketch from I Love Promarkers with a colour scheme of pink and brown was just perfect for the challenge of anyone for leftovers at Creative Inspirations. Instead of one background paper I used 3 leftover pieces to make up the sketch. I've had the sparkly butterfly border for ages, I think it is Paper Cellar. Roses on paper also have a colour challenge of pink, brown and cream and good enough to eat is for Anyone for Anya. This last one has to be a food combi so I thought of chocolate dipped strawberries and vanilla ice cream, yum yum.

15 comments:

Julie said...

Very nicely done, I like the idea of chocolate dipped strawberries. Thanks for joining us at AFA.

LISA said...

What a lovely card, I love the colours you've used and the image is great. Thanks for joining us this week at I ♥ ProMarkers
Hugs Lisa xxx

Karen said...

This is lovely Marianne, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers this week and hope to see you again and good luck!
xx

Jill said...

Love those butterflies and the flowers and the image is so sweet. Lovely card! Jill x

Jenni said...

Pretty card Marianne, I'm a big fan of the Time Traveller's Wife too - have read it 3 times now. Hope the film is good too! Have you read her new book as well?
Jenni x

dolcreations said...

Love this card Marianne...you are a pro at making these Valentines cards! All the glitter, flowers and that image are perfect!

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card, love the butterflies. great colours used
Thanks for joining us at AFA
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card, love the butterflies. great colours used
Thanks for joining us at AFA
Yvonne

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Lovely butterfly border, pretty flowers and nice half pearls.

Love from AFA?!

Renata

NGCARDS said...

Lovely work! Thanks for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations! xxx

WeirdCat said...

Love the butterflies and flowers, great colouring,thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers
Ruth x

Lynsey said...

Wow what a fantastic girlie card! This is just wonderful!
Hugs Lynsey x

Lynsey said...

Me again Marianne, I forgot to thank you for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers Challenge.
Hugs Lynsey x

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Isn't amazing what you can make out of leftovers? Great job on this challenge. Super cute card - adorable image. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!

Julie said...

A very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
Julie x