Sunday 14 February 2010

2 Mother's Day cards

Now you may have noticed several Mother's Day cards on my blog recently. No, I only have 1 Mum but I sell them at work. These 2 couldn't be more different from each other, could they. My gorgeous City Girls arrived this week from Whiff of Joy. These girls are everywhere in blogland and I couldn't wait to use one, I just can't decide which one is my favourite but I think it might be this one.

I can't believe I have only just made a card for the challenge of lavender and lace at Cute Daisy May. Those who know me well will know that any purple challenge draws me like a magnet so why am I so late with this one? Only just in time too for using the fab sketch from Sketch and Stash, which worked so well with a tall card. As well as the new image, the little dots are made using a new stamp called Field of Sky. My good friend Lynsey told me about this stamp as I admired the effect on many of her cards. The papers are also new, Papermania Heather Capsule collection. There are some really gorgeous papers in these collections. As well as using my MS doily lace punch I also added some old lace to the horizontal strip. Some punched fern leaves and a punched and Prima flowers, brad and pearls finish off this card.

The second card uses a free digi download from Bugaboo. The orange punched strip was a sample which was included in my last order from Dies to Die For. I used a Cuttlebug embossing frill on it and used my MS floral lace punch on the red and white strip. More punched fern leaves and Prima flowers plus some larger flowers I bought at a show. I also added some faux stitching which just finishes off the image nicely.

Challenges for this card are:
Moving along with the Times Fab sketch and theme of cute companions
Crafty cardmakers Digi
CRAFT Digi colouring
Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Punches
Bee Crafty Sew cute
One Stitch at a time Stitching

31 comments:

Liz said...

Hello Marion,
You are our second challenger over at OSAAT its very exciting for us today! I do hope you will return I follow your blog anyway Your projects are always so very lovely and this one is stunning thank you for joining in!
Hugs Liz xx

Sam said...

Hi hun and thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. I love this cutelittle image and great use of freebies too (your sample strip of card).
Hope to see you back again.
Sam x

stitchy said...

Hi Marianne, I too follow your blog already and love your cards...thank you for joining us on our new venture at OSAAT...look forward to seeing more from you...good luck in your draws..
hugz
stitchy xx

dolcreations said...

Marianne the lavendar card is my favourite card....you have done a beautiful job with her! Stunning!
Have a wonderful Valentines Day!

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne these cards are stunning! I so love your WOJ one, that is so pretty and the field of sky stamp finishes off your image lovely.
Hugs Lynsey x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Both cards are lovely, thanks so much for joining us in our first challenge over at OSAAT, and good luck!

Helen Dooley said...

What a lovely card. I like how you colored the image. Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch at a Time.

Sue said...

Hi Marianne,2 very gorgeous creations,the firt one is stunning and such a beautiful colour and the second card is super cute...thanks for joining us at MAWTT:)

sue
xx

Nicki said...

Two lovely cards Marianne, thanks for taking part in the MAWTT challenge again this week.

Nicki, xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Marianne, two gorgeous cards, lovely images, your stitching on the second really finishes the card off,thanks for joining us on our first OSAAT challenge, hugs Lizxx

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne,
Thank you so much for joining in at OSAAT, this is a Beautiful card great image and love the colours too, hope to see you back soon, also will becoming a follower of your blog too,
Hugs
Sarah xx

Jill said...

Gorgeous cards Marianne. I love them both. Jill x

cheryl said...

hi hun you are our second challenger today so bless your heart for that must say hun love your work your cards are really beautiful and love the stitching thanks again for taking the time to join us at OSAAT hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

pinky said...

Just knew you would be attracted to this colour challenge lol and what a great job you've done. Haven't got any of the new woj YET lol. Love those stunning papers too. Thanks for sharing at CDM this week.
Pinky

Lynne in NI said...

Cool cards, they're both fabulous Marianne!
:o)

Linnie said...

I Looove your card beautiful work
Thankyou for coming out toplay with CDM this week
luv
linniexxx

Eiglas said...

Beautifully coloured and well-executed card Chuck!
Thank you for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Spyder said...

Hi Marianne, thank you so much for joining in with the OSAAT new Challenge blog! I love both your cards. Your detail is so pretty on the lavender card and Papermania really have got better designs these days haven't they! fabulous papers!!Cute little mouse, beautifully coloured, love your dotty flower too! Hope to see you again and again!!
((Lyn))

Vixykins said...

Adorable image Marianne, love how he's offering the flower, looks a bit too heavy for him to carry, bless!

Thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers x

mudmaven said...

These are both wonderful! I colored up that little mouse today - so fun! ~chris

Trimgym said...

Great cards, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo.

Faye said...

Whichever Mummy gets one of these beauties will be very happy! xxx

Suzi Mac said...

Two Gorgeous cards, love the images and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week, good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi xx

Bee said...

Love this second Mothers Day card, so cute and really effective faux stitching. Thanks for joining in the Bee Crafty Challenge :)

andrea said...

beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. this week
andrea

Valérie Goldenschue said...

Oh what a lovely card

Thanks for joining us at CDM

Valérie

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW 2 stunning cards again from you. I can't decide which is my favourite. Thanks for joining in on MAWTT again this week, HAzelxo

Claire Phillips said...

Digi colouring is so fun! Thanks for playing along in our Digi colouring challenge at C.R.A.F.T.Such lovely cards but I adore the colour in the first! Cheers Claire x

Donna said...

Fantastic card, such a lovely warm choice of colours...thanks for joining us at DU2DS this week :) Donna x

Jodie Mackrell said...

very pretty!
Love the borders and colors!

Victoria said...

fab cards, love the rich warm colours and your faux stitching looks lovely

Thanks so much for playing along at Bee Crafty.

Hugs
Victoria
x