Monday 10 May 2010

A fairy and a footballer

This is my favourite sort of card. A girly image, glitter, pink and purple, pretty borders and flowers. I also love easel cards and haven't made one for a few weeks.

Here's a close up of the front of the card.

The fab fairy was a Friday freebie from the very generous Paula at Pollycraft. She has a some gorgeous new images out today so I had to treat myself to a few. There is a also a great sale on some of the clear stamps and a couple of Christmas ones hopped into my basket. The purple paper is from Craftwork cards, another purchase from Ally Pally. Pink papers are Papermania capsule and FF pink parfait. I used 2 different MS border punches. I had a look through my stash and found this metal sentiment which matches the card so well. I also found some odd flowers which I put together and the fabric sparkly butterfly.
Challenges:
Pollycraft lovely sketch by my friend Lynsey
Crafty Calendar The great outdoors, option insects
Crafty Creations Magical
Paperplay Stamp or digi and bling
Polka Doodles Summer blossoms
The Crafty Pad Punch
Crafty Angels One for the girls

Yet another male Birthday this week and another football fan. Image and papers are Clare Curd. I found some yellow buttons and some green embroidery thread to match his Norwich City outfit. I also found the embellie in my stash.
Challenges:
Paper Sundaes Perfect sketch for a tall card
Cupcake Buttons
The Pink Elephant Yellow, designer paper and buttons

27 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Oh I love easel cards, and these colours are great. Love the papers and the flower is unusual too. A great male card also.
Hugs Kate xx

dolcreations said...

wow Marianne...your easel card is gorgeous! I think you are right...this one is a favourite. I actually had to take some time and take it all in...the attention to all the little details you have done! I love the colours...so YOU!
I love that MS flower punch!!!!!I love your soccer card...my son plays soccer too! LOVE BOTH OF YOUR CARDS!!!
Hey...love the new blog look! Brings lots of sunshine to my day...it is becoming very overcast.

Linda said...

Both of your cards are very gorgeous. Hugs Linda

Unknown said...

Ooh wow, this is so pretty! I love the cute image and gorgeous papers! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :) Georgia xx

pinky said...

Two gorgeous creations Marianne, love the papers and the gorgeous little fairy. I adore the football one, suit a lot of kids that one.
Pinky

maxine said...

Lovely cards thanks for joining us at the crafty pad

Alica said...

great cards! love the fairy image and purple papers on the first one and the soccer player one is really fun!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Jill said...

Both lovely cards Marianne. I love the easel card - the colours are super and she is such a cute fairy. Your boy card is so perfect - think my grandson would like that! Jill x

Unknown said...

Love your cards...
Hugs
Kim
x

Debbie said...

Beautiful easel card - lovely colours. :)

Thanks for joining us at the crafty pad and good luck. :)

xxDebbie CPSdesigns

debby4000 said...

Adorable, gorgeous cards Marianne, love the colours.
Luv
Debby

Milnie said...

ohhh the fairy is adorable and the soccer card is gorgeous Marianne!

hugs

Mandy said...

Hi Marianne,
Two great cards...love the easel card and the image is so sweet..The football one is fab...
Mandy xx

Liza said...

Great work, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Love your card, the design is really great and the papers match it perfectly well ! Smiles from Catherine

craftyb said...

Such a cute fairy...love the colours you've used on her and of course all the sparkle!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

brenda said...

Hi Marianne

Two great cards.

I love footie but I think fairies dan easel cards just a tad more so that's my favourtie.

Thank you for sharing it with us at Polkadoodles this week and good luck.

B x

Lynsey said...

More stunning cards Marianne! Love the fairy, just the perfect colours! The Norwich Football card is great, the embellishments are just right.
Hugs Lynsey x

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Both cards are FAB! I love the embellishments. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Pink Elephant!

JayLynn said...

Two very cool projects! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes :)

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow stunning easel card! Such a sweet image and gorgeous papers/colours. Great football card ~ love the Norwich City colours!

Lisa x

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, Marianne - sweet image, and yummy papers. I haven't tried an easel card yet (I think I'm too stingy with my papers!!!).

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)

Suzi Mac said...

A beautiful easel card Marianne, love the colour combo and the image. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

Kim. said...

These two are both gorgeous, that fairy is so cute.
Kim xXx

Kerry said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week.

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Lovely card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge. Dee x

Fliss said...

A really pretty card and such a cute image.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Polka Doodles this week.
x