When I posted a pic of some of my new sewn snowmen I said I had some other ideas I wanted to try which I never had time for last Christmas. One of the things I wanted to try was a robin. I found several examples on Pinterest, some front view, some sideways view. I prefer to use dies wherever I can as it makes it much easier to cut everything uniform and is also a good way to use more of my dies.
I started with a brown diecut stitched circle suing a Lawn Fawn die. The stitched holes show faintly on the felt which is useful for a sewing guide. I then cut a red circle the same size, cut it in half and used a MFT stitched basic edge die to round the top edge. The wings and feet were cut with Spellbinder heart dies. The eyes with a small circle die with black brads. I tried cutting a triangle for the nose but didn't like the stitching but then I had a brainwave. I backed a small piece of felt with Stick It and cut a small heart, cut off the top of the heart and removed the backing and the Stick It works perfectly on the felt.
I shall be making several more of these and I then had a further brainwave of something else to make which I shall post another day, maybe next week.
I would like to enter this into the B for birds challenge at ABC Christmas.