Sunday 17 December 2017

Deer in love


Well thank you to everyone who took the time to leave such interesting comments on my post yesterday.  There is a lot of agreement that it is a shame that blogging isn't as popular as it was but I am so encouraged that so many of you do love blogging and want to continue.  Many of you also feel it is a shame that challenges have declined. I am now on just 2 DTs, LOTV and Pink Gem and am very happy that way. I also removed the blog ranking numbers a while ago. Blogging isn’t a popularity contest after all is it. Your comments have helped me to feel more motivated about blogging too especially when I had people comment who don't normally comment and I am now following them.  

I hadn't realised that some of my visitors like a lady called Christine don't have a blog but love to visit. Christine said she doesn't comment as she reads the comments and feels she would be saying the same thing and I wouldn't want to read it.  Well if you are reading this then I would love you to comment as I always take the time to read and truly appreciate every comment. So I am back today with a card to share.

I always seem to leave Graham's card to be the last Christmas card I make. He really liked a card I made recently using these new MFT deer dies but without the little hearts. I started thinking about the layout for his card and had the idea of using lots of dies and embossing folders.  The hearts look really sweet on the antlers but what a fiddle as they are so tiny.

Paper - Making Cards freebie
MFT dies - stitched mountain range, rolling hills, deer love, layered snowflakes
Trees - Marianne, Elizabeth craft 5 part pine, Frantic Stamper tall pine trees

I used various embossing folders on the trees for added texture.

Challenges
The Cutie Pie stars and/or snowflakes 
Creative Inspirations Winter/Christmas 
Simon Says stitch it 
Noor! Design UK anything goes

Really looking forward to something today which I shall tell you more about tomorrow.

29 comments:

Isobel said...

Beautiful card x

Valerija said...

Very gorgeous. Love the scene you have created.
Valerija xx

Glennis F said...

So sweet, I love those little deer

aussie aNNie said...

Well I am so lucky, I just came onto the computer and your blog popped up, and what a fabulous card. No wonder hubby likes these dies. I wouldn't mind them myself but have never seen them before.
Keep blogging as I would miss your work, what you do for your hospital visits and design teams. I think I will be more relaxed on less design teams too...down to 4, need to reduce a couple more. It is hard ..
hugs.xx[aNNie]🎄⛄

meg said...

Beautiful dimensional scene, love the hearts on the rendeer antlers

Kath said...

A fabulous card and I love the dies - I've not seen them before.
Kath x

Janette said...

Beautiful card and I'm so happy you posted yesterday, hopefully it's made a difference...x

Lynne said...

Thank you for becoming a follower of mine Marianne. This is me trying to comment more :) . I love your different embossed trees and gorgeous colours on the background paper. We don't give each other Christmas cards - your hubby should love it x

pinky said...

Very cute and lovely scene Marianne. I am sure Graham will love it.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Love the white on white dimensions and those cute reindeer! The sky looks fabulous!

Sarah said...

An amazing card Marianne, love the embossed trees and the deer are delightful. Graham will love it!! Thank you for entering at The Cutie Pie Challenge too xx

Christine Dol said...

Graham will love this card! I love it too!

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Marianne, I am sure Graham loves it. Thank you for yesterday's post, I read the comments with interest too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Barb said...

Well I'm sorry to have been a bad blogger recently Marianne as life just seems to have taken over. Like Christine i looked for a long time before i left a comment. I love this snowy card. It's a really pretty scene and those reindeer are such cute characters. Barbxx

Kelly Lloyd said...

I missed yesterday's post will scroll down shortly to read,
Your card is adorable, love that reindeer die xx

Chrissy said...

Wonderful scene Marianne..love the reindeer and all the dies you used to create the scene..

Luv CHRISSYxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, your card is gorgeous, love the deer and their heart antlers, as always a fabulous design and colours.
Like you I love reading the comments I receive too, and still get excited if I notice a new Follower, Kate x

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the dies you've used and the layering!! What a beautiful scene!! The deer are fabulous!! Love the colors of the sky, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Carole Pollard said...

Just loving this brilliant card love everything about Thanks for that post yesterday I've just caught up on all the comments so interesting love and hugs Carole x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

OOh I LOVE this! Lucky Graham, especially with the fiddly antler hearts. They do look fab though hun. I just picked up my Making Cards paper this morning for a play and see how you've used it! So gorgeous for that background and I really did think you'd inked it when I first looked! I love all the white on white diecuts and embossing. Gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Liz said...

Super card, Marianne, I love the scene you've created. Those little reindeer are adorable. xx

Fikreta said...

so pretty card!
Happy Holidays! ����⛄
hugs

misteejay said...

Those deer are adorable - fabulous card.
Toni xx

Sandra H said...

So pretty! x

Rene said...

Squeal! This is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card! Such a sweet scene you created!! Love this!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such an adorable creation Marianne.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Fab card, thanks for sharing at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

Helen said...

Very cute, Marianne - love all the die cuts and details you've added.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge and all the best for 2018.

Helen x