Thursday 10 December 2015

A RAK


I had so many people visit my blog last time I used this image and of the many comments was one from a lady who said she had this stamp and would send it to me. She wouldn't take anything for it and when it arrived she had included a couple of sets of clear sets of mag freebie stamps as well. She isn't a regular commentor and I was astonished by her kindness. I am so pleased to finally have this stamp for myself and made a few Christmas cards with it.

This one is my DT card for the new challenge at Crafty Ribbons where our challenge is tradition. I chose hanging up your stocking for Santa as my tradition. I went for a distressed look using Crafter's Companion vintage Christmas papers and the gorgeous Christmas charm badges ribbon from Crafty Ribbons. The stocking bunting is a Memory Box die.

Challenges
Simon Says Monday Holly jolly stamping 
Delicious Doodles Christmas 
Dies R Us Christmas 
Whimsy holidays

21 comments:

Isobel said...

Lovely card x

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

lOVELY CARD, i LOVE THOSE SOCKS, THEY ARE SO CUTE...
♥Hugs Valentina♥

misteejay said...

So glad you managed to get this stamp as it is a fabulous Santa (really should make more use of my one). The card is lovely Marianne.
Toni xx

Jackie said...

My favourite Santa stamp, I really must show him the light of day again!
Two more wonderful cards Marianne. I love the ribbon on the one below :o)
Jackie xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, love this Santa... Must get my stamp out!
Wendy xx

Sue said...

A gorgeous card,love this image Marianne x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card and enjoy your new gift!

Pen Sunshinepen said...

Lovely card. The Santa image is great

Got my thinking cap on for the next challenge :)

Crafty hugs Pen x

Fikreta said...

card is very nice!
hugs
>^.^<

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful Christmas card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

meg said...

Wonderful traditional colours and image lovely card

The Craft Bucket said...

I remember the last time you mentioned this stamp and I am so glad you managed to get your hands on it. Us crafters are so kind don't you think? Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and a crafty new year. Love Jane x

Darlene said...

Love, love, love this vintage Santa image and you've showcased him perfectly Marianne! And, oh how adorable are the stockings! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. DID YOU KNOW? A friend and I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016. Please check it out. Double D Challenges

Doreen said...

What a fabulous image,this is just gorgeous.xxx

Sarah said...

He really is a wonderful Father Christmas and the stockings are a lovely touch xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card, such a fab santa
Lorraine x

Erika said...

Hi Marianne and thanks for the visit.
A lovely traditional card here, great papers and loving the distressed look and the ribbon.

Hugs Erika. x

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely vintage card Marianne, it's a beautiful santa image and your papers and ribbons are gorgeous, Kate x

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Marianne, what a gorgeous image.

Donna x

Carol S. said...

Lucky you Marianne!! What a kind lady. I have had mine for many years, 7 or 8 years, I paid £22 for it in a bidding war on Ebay!! I just really loved it and at that time, it had been discontinued. I love your little Stockings die too. A gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S,xx

Emma Williams said...

Gorgeous vintage Christmas card, Marianne! I love all the layers and the embellishments you've added are the perfect finishing touch! Thank you for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)