Monday 27 August 2012

Let's fly


Well what a great weekend I have had. The craft fair on Friday was amazing, the best I have ever done. I sold 44 cards, a notebook and a doorhanger. The one on Saturday was very well organised but unfortunately not very busy, still sold another 10 cards so made a little money after paying for my stall. Will be busy restocking now. Yesterday started well as I found out I won the Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge, prize guest designer next month, 2 digis and 2 rubber stamps. EB stamps from Sugar Nellie were some of my first stamps and I have always loved her images. We went into the city and I bought some Gabor boots reduced from £95 to £45, beautiful soft leather ankle boots, found a lovely top, hubby used some vouchers to get a free box of Adnams real ale and we had a free lunch at House of Fraser (that's a long story as to why it was free). Last night was the last episode of my fave TV programme, Once Upon a Time and what a fantastic ending. Can't wait for the new series next year.

So hubby is off to watch some powerboat racing this afternoon and I will be crafting. I made this card when I got home yesterday using one of my new Sugar Nellie stamps. I have wanted Little Aviator for a while and he is so lovely to colour with Promarkers and Flexmarkers of course. The papers are Echo Park A Boy's Life, The backing paper suits the image so well ad I love the colours of these papers as well as the fact they are double sided and both sides are gorgeous. I've used my MS zigzag punch and added some star buttons tied with baker's twine.
Challenges
The Sugar Bowl 2nd entry using the sketch 
Penny's Masculine 
I love Promarkers Transport 
Divas by Design Anything Goes 
Crafts and Me Autumn colours 
Songbird Over the rainbow 
Hooked on craft Cards for men

Waving hello to my lovely new followers. Thanks for following me xx

25 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

A real cutie card Marianne...sweet little hedgie, great backing papers

Anne

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Morning Marianne,
This is such a cute image and doesn't he go so wonderfully with those delish papers - a perfect boy's card...your day out sounds really good (am wondering how you got your free lunch now!) and well done on the guest DT spot and selling all those cards! what a good week it's been! Big Hugs, Teresa x

Seafield Jo said...

It's great that you sold all those cards and now you can have lots of fun re-stocking.

Your cards is lovely, he's got the sweetest expression on his face.

Jo x

Jackie said...

Sounds like you have had the perfect weekend!
What a cute card, I love the vibrant colours :o)
Jackie xx

Claire said...

A little cutie Marianne - love the image and great layout. Have a good day. Hugs, Claire x

julie_woolston said...

What an adorable image Marianne, a gorgeous card.

Hugs Julie x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Oh this is such a cute card! Love this image and FAB papers.

Hope you have a lovely afternoon crafting while Graham enjoys the powerboat racing.

Lisa x

Sue said...

Hi Marianne, your card is fabulous, I love the image and wonderful colours and papers.
Well done on your success at the craft fair, I'm not surprised though as your cards are fabulous.

I hope you have a good day
Hugs Sue

Sonia said...

Hi Marianne,
your new card is sooo adorable:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Lorraine said...

This is one of my favourite sugar nellies too! He's so cute. Love your design and papers.
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and wonderful papers.xxx

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous image and card good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers transport challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

Vicky said...

EB stamp from sugar nellie was my first stamp as well hun, I still have it & its still my fave stamp altho I do neglect her. Well done on your win & on your fantastic sales, wow thats fabulous altho not surprising shug your cards are gorgeous.
As for this one today well this is a big seller I love the colours & the image is just super cute!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sall said...

Bright and colourful, perfect for this miserable weather we have.

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, this is such a super cute card! I'm so pleased you did so well at your craft fair.
Hugs Lynsey x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Marianne...love these cute hedgies...and fabulous colouring too hun...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Wishcraft said...

Aww I really must get this stamp, he's so cute! Gorgeous card, love the papers you've used :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card and love the cute hedgehog. Beautiful papers and love those star buttons.

Congratulations on your win over at EB.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Lorraine said...

Great card, love those papers. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Angela said...

Hi Marianne,
he's a cutie! Love the image and the colouring is a bit fab.
Ax

Barbara said...

Such a cute little card. Love the images and layout xx

Zoe said...

Great card! Love the colours and layout and the image is very cute xxx

SAHLERS said...

Cute card and image thanks for playing along at Divas by Design
-Sheryl-

misteejay said...

Congrats on your fayre success.

Love your little hedgie - sooooo cute.

Toni xx

Shelley said...

awww this is so sweet! I just adore that image :D xxx