Thursday 26 January 2012

In the Garden

Regular visitors will know that I have been working on a couple of commissions lately. One of which was to make some cards for Stamposaurus. I was so surprised and flattered to receive an e-mail from Jayne asking me if I would make some samples for upcoming shows. Jayne sent me this gorgeous greenhouse stamp and the floral buttons to use.  These stamps are great for males and females and I had great fun using them. If you are going along to any of the craft shows over the next few months do stop by the stand and have a look at my cards. I hope Jayne likes my cards which should be arriving at her house today.

The card is an 8" square and I've used some K&Co papers and added some doodling to match the doodly style of the stamp. The stamp has been coloured with Spectrum Noirs, Promarkers and a Sakura clearstar pen. I've then added glossy accents to the windows. The flower border is a Sizzix one I have had for ages and rarely use, swirls made with a Crealie die, daffodils from Wild Orchid. The sentiment is part of the stamp and I found some gingham ribbon which matches the colour scheme. Quite a different colour combo for me but I am trying to make cards in more variety of colours this year.
Challenges:
DYSU Ribbon
Moving along with the times Blooming Marvellous
Crafty Catz Buttons and bows
Hotshot Flowers
Simon Says Anything Goes

I hope to be back later with a sneak peek of one of new Crafty Sentiment digis due out tomorrow.

24 comments:

Stamps and Paper said...

Very pretty card Marianne and love your use of buttons...

Anne

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fab Marianne.. i love that image .. i just wish my greenhouse looked like that at the minute lol.. instead its slightly battered!
Love all the flower embellies
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Joey said...

Fantastic card Marianne, the colours are gorgeous, love the doodled border on the paper. Joey x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super what a great card, I love the colours you have used. Thanks for playing our Blooming Marvelous Challenge this week on MAWTT, Hazelxo

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Marianne. Absolutely beautiful with gorgeous Spring colours. Love your gorgeous flowers. Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Unknown said...

Super sweet card Marianne, beautiful colours,love the hint of glossy accents too! Jo xxx

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, love the layout and colours :o)
Jackie xx

craftymum said...

Hi Marianne. Lovely card. Perfect flowers to go with a greenhouse! Thank you for joining us at Hotshot Craft

Sarah x

p.s. I have blog candy for old and new followers on my blog

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card Marianne:) Sandra H

mags said...

Lovely card. Love the colours you have used, your doodles are just great, the flowers go perfectly. A well co-ordinated card.
Mags
x

Claire said...

Fabulous card Marianne, love the image and all the added elements. Hugs, Claire x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Fab card hun, just love the flower border & buttons!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Mau xx said...

Brilliant card Marianne, and the button flowers are superb xx

alethea said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the buttons!! Thanks for joining us at PCJ for our Floral challenge!! Hugsxx

coops said...

stunning card marianne.i love the fab image and i love the gorgeous flowers :D

xx coops xx

WencheP said...

Fabulous card, such pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Curly said...

This is such a cool card Marianne I love those buttons and the greenhouse image.

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Use Something New Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful card Marianne love the image and the design I am a garden lover so this has appeal to me.
hugs
Lorraine x

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card, what a super image and I love your papers and pretty details

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Mary Jo said...

The doodling really ties it all together perfectly! Lovely details too. Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Mephisto said...

Fab creation.
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysStamp this week!

Domi

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful

kitten - DYSU team

Gaynor Greaves said...

This is really great, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Unknown said...

Oh so lovely! Got to love those buttons. Thank you for joining us at PCJ for our Floral challenge. Hope to see for our next challenge!
hugs
Zahreen
xxx