Friday 5 August 2011

From Winter to Summer

My first post today was a Christmas card and my second is a complete contrast with these bright summery colours which are a little out of my comfort zone but it's good to try different colour combos I think. The sweet image is Sugar Nellie and I this is my second entry into The Sugar Bowl using their great sketch. The papers are Echo Park walk in the park. I distressed and inked all the edges and used some Core'dinations card which I embossed and sanded. As the papers are double sided I turned down the corner so you get a glimpse of the other side and added some pearls and a K&Co sparkly layered daisy. The part circle is from a pack of jam covers I bought at Dunelm Mill. I would also like to enter the summertime challenge at Creative Craft and will be entering the yellow and orange challenge on the Sugar Nellie Facebook page.

11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Marianne. Another of your fab creations. I just love all the Citrus colours in this one, so bright and refreshing. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra x

misteejay said...

This really is a total contrast to your earlier card. Love the bright cheerful colours.

Toni xx

Fiona said...

fab card Marianne...love those colours!!

Fi
x

Sande said...

Very colorful card. Love your layout!

Pop over to see a new vintage challenge blog It's all about the vintage. We have some yammy blog candy to offer on the whole August.

See you there!

Hugs, Sande xxx

Sandra H said...

Wow this is gorgeous:) Sandra H

pinky said...

Beautiful card Marianne, love those bright papers. The Christmas one below is just adorable.

Donna Mosley said...

A stunner Marianne, love the cute image & gorgeous colours.

Donna x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful card and love the colours.
Diane :-) xx

coops said...

stunning card marianne,your papers and bright summer colours are gorgeous and i love this image :D

xx coops xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love these gorgeous hit summery colours .. warmed me up as i am sat in my tent and its absolutely chucking it down..lol
Lisa x

cheryl said...

this is one gorgeous card love the image and super colors bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylx