Tuesday 19 October 2010

Sneak peek 2 and a Halloween card

I'm still catching up with stuff after my holiday but am gradually getting round to visiting you all. Thanks for all your lovely comments, you certainly loved the granny card and welcome to my 2 new followers.

Here's a second sneak peek at the new SWALK 2 collection from Crafter's Companion. If you are looking for the blog hop you can find it here. Yesterday's card featured Granny and today it's Grandpa's turn. The papers and border are all from the SWALK 2 CD. I cut up one of the borders and mounted it on card to make the squares. I used the MS zigzag border punch on the border.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Creations Show a number
CES Male Birthday card
Cards for men Happy Birthday
Cupcake Boys and their toys

I have a friend who loves Halloween so I always make her a Halloween card. This week there are a lot of Halloween themed challenges and this card fits them all. I am so grateful to Paula at Pollycraft for giving away this fab freebie a couple of weeks ago. I bought a pack pf mixed charms from Quixotic and was lucky enough to get this fab bat charm as part of the pack. I used Crafter's Companions spray and sparkle on the image. It gives a lovely sparkly effect to the image, which doesn't really show on the photo.
Challenges (deep breath)
Pollycraft Purple, green plus one
By the cute and girly Spooky
Kaboodle Doodles Let's go Batty
Moving along with the times Halloween
Fussy and fancy Halloween
Stamp Something Halloween
2 sisters Halloween
Bee Crafty Halloween
One Stop Craft Halloween
Crafty Cardmakers Use a freebie
Stamp with fun Halloween
A spoon full of sugar Boo
Creative Craft Trick or treat

33 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

I love the grandpa card... very funny!

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne, love the grandpa card the sentiment is class and the halloween card is so vibrant
Hugs Kate xx

pinky said...

They are brilliant, you are doing such a fab job Marianne. Love the halloween card too.
Pinky

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a gorgeous card. Love the cute image and your papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

dolcreations said...

I love both of your cards...but the favourite I would have to say is the grandpa card! I love the layout! Your Halloween card is so cute with the bat charm...that is really I cute little embellishment!

Lisa Jane said...

LOve the cards - the Halloween one is my favourite - the little image is so cute and the charm finishes it off perfectly
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa ;)

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Fabulous Halloween card, love the image and embellies, thanks for joining in this week over at MAWTT, Heidi x

Unknown said...

Love Grandpa! x leigh x

Vicky said...

Fantastic cards Marianne!, so love gramps and the halloween card is so much fun!
hugs Vicky xxx

Sharon said...

Great cards, love the little Grandpa image perfect for our challenge at Crafty Creations this week.
Thanks for joining us.
Sharon x

Joey said...

Hiya

fantastic cards, I just love the sentiment on the top card!

thanks forjoining us at pollycraft

Joey.xx

Nilla said...

Fabulous cards, the Halloween card is so pretty, just a bit scary!! Thanks for joining us at SWF this week! Hugs Nilla

Francesca said...

What A great Halloween Card , thanks for joining us at OSCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Kitty said...

Both cards are so lovely! I am so loving the new SWALK stamps, they are adorable!!

Thanks for joining us at Cards For Men and good luck in the challenge! xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Marianne they are both brilliant. Mmm I so agree with the top one. My Dad just loves playing about with Jake n Tom. Thanks for joining in ion MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards Marianne.
luv
Debby

Vicky said...

Hi awesome card love the image & the sentiment.....they are very cool!!
Thank you for joining us at CES Challenges & hope to see you again.

Hugs Vicky xx

Lynda said...

Two great cards Marianne but I've got to say that Grandpa card is brilliant - what a great image and sentiment.

Love Lynda xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh that Grandpa card is just perfect, I love the sentiment!!
As for your Halloween, I love those papers & that image is fab!
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges & MAWTT this week! Good Luck! Hugs Shell xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

lovely cards, images & colours, thanks for joining in at OSCC. Janet

Shelly said...

Hi! Fab card, I love the little sentiment and image... so so true! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Hugs Shelly ;)

Lynsey said...

Great male card Marianne, I love Grandpa! Your hallowen card is wonderful too!
Hugs Lynsey x

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card, really Halloween inspired. I am glad you could enter our challenge at MAWTT this week.
Luv Brenda xxx

Tineke's hobby said...

your cards are gorgeous love the colouring and the fabulous images.
I like the grandpa very much
Thanks for joining us at fussy and fancy this week
Tineke

fionalawlor said...

Gorgeous card! Your colouring is fab and i really love the little bat charm,so cute!
Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Anonymous said...

Two great cards but that little pumpkin one is just fab. And I love the charm. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.xx

Anonymous said...

Two great cards but that little pumpkin one is just fab. And I love the charm. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.xx

Anonymous said...

Two great cards but that little pumpkin one is just fab. And I love the charm. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.xx

Anonymous said...

Two great cards but that little pumpkin one is just fab. And I love the charm. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.xx

Becky said...

What a fab card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Pollycraft! xx

Jessica L said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges! Hope you join us again soon!

Sheena said...

Brilliant halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week! Sheena xx

nnalorac said...

Fab Halloween card, lovely vibrant colours. Thanks for joining us this month on BTC&G. Good luck. nnalorac.xx