Thursday 15 April 2010

Whiff of Joy

I've been playing with 2 of my new Whiff of Joy stamps I bought on Sunday. I just love this cute couple. The corners are punched and embossed but the embossing is very subtle. I followed the fab sketch at Sketch Saturday and the colour scheme of pink and brown plus either yellow or green at Pollycraft. I used some scraps of Honey and Hugs paper. The peeping owls echo Mrs Foxglove peeping out from behind Mr Foxglove. I decided to punch some flowers from patterned papers for a change from Primas and Wild Orchid flowers an add some flatbacked pearls. Think I should have bought more than 3 packs of these last Sunday. Get well is the challenge at Secret Crafter. I bought these lovely scallop cards last week too and doodled some bright pink dots in each scallop.

I needed a fairly simple and subdued card so went with the colour scheme of lilac, grey and white for Colour Create. I used the lovely sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday for this one, and yes, it is a WOJ stamp. Papers are Papermania Amethyst Infusion.

24 comments:

Lynda said...

Two fabulous cards Marianne - the baby elephant is just the sweetest!

Love Lynda xxx

Jo said...

Both are beautiful cards, and your colouring is superb.
Thank you for joining in with us this week at Sketch Saturday.
Jo xx

downrightcrafty said...

oh love both, not sure which one more than the other but think the cute elephant wins my heart
Hugs Kate x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Marianne,

What gorgeous cards, love them both.

Hugs Ali x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, I am enjoying seeing all these cards you have made with your new stash. Both of them are beautiful! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge.
Hugs Lynsey x

Genevieve said...

OH! I just love your elephant card, so sweet :)

pinky said...

They are both lovely cards Marianne, and very appropriate for the occasions.
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

Two great cards - both images are wonderful
Lisa ;)

Pauline said...

Beautiful cards, love the little elephant he is so sweet! Pauline x

Do What You Love said...

Both cards are just gorgeous but you really took me with the elephant - those colors are absolutely gorgeous; loving the border and bling with the ribbon; the glitter circle - WOW! Nice touch! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

Stacy said...

Lovely cards! The little elephant is adorable! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Both cards are fabulous but I do love that little elephant. And your lavender papers are so perfect. Thanks for playing at SSW!

mulberry station said...

Loe your lavendar colors on your elephant card! Both cards are darling! Thanks for joining us. Nancy SSW-DT

Jill said...

I am still writing this in a pretty shade of GREEN!!! I am so envious of you going to Ally Pally and I love your WOJ stamped cards. Jill x

Maria Therese said...

Such sweet cards! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful cards Marianne, fab cute images and gorgeous colours.
luv
Debby

Lisa T said...

Great cards! I just love that WOJ elephant! Your soft colors are so pretty, too!! Thanks for joining us this week at SSW!

dolcreations said...

Two fabulous cards Marianne! I love the whiff of joy images! Love the paper too!

Eiglas said...

Super card!
Thank you for coming over to play at Colour Create this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas (GDT)
x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such darling cards!!!! That elephant sure is CUTE!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful cards Marianne. I love that sweet little elephant. Beautiful layouts and embellishments too.
Thanks for joining the Colour Create challenge.
Sharon xx

KymKreates said...

What a Sweet card for our Sweet Sketch. Thank so much for joining us this week at SSW.
Kym Kreates

Melissa Craig said...

What an adorable elephant card! Thanks for playing along with us at SSW.

Arlana 11426 said...

What an adorably sweet card. Love your color and darling image. Thanks for playing along @SSW!!!