Friday 28 August 2009

Christmas by candlelight




When I saw the challenge at Winter Wonderland I just knew it was the perfect opportunity to use one of my new Whiff of Joy stamps. Isn't she gorgeous? The colour scheme of ruby, gold and cream came from Colour Create and the fab sketch from Papertake Weekly. She is coloured with Promarkers and as the optional challenge for Colour Create was to add gems I punched the top corners with an X cut corner and border punch and added some gems to the stars. Her hem is coloured with my new Sakura clear star pen. I love this pen as it gives such a sparkly raised finish. The ribbon and papers are from last Christmas's stash. The holly leaves are cut using a small X cut punch on white card and then coloured with Promarkers. I managed to make a Christmas card without snowflakes for a change. I'm sure they'll be back for the next card.

12 comments:

Teri said...

Such a lovely card!
Thank you for joining us on Winter Wonderland this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, This WOJ image is just so pretty and your colouring is lovely. I love the gold sparkly hem.

Hope you have a lovely bank holiday weekend and manage some craft time.

Lisa x

Teri said...

I really love this image Marianne ... and I love how you've coloured her, with the glittery highlights. It's a beautiful card!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

Teri P xxx

cats whiskers said...

Stunning card dear, have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous WOJ image, stunning colours.
luv
Debby

dolcreations said...

This is just beautiful. A friend of mine just ordered this image and is patiently waiting for it to come! I can see why..she is gorgeous to make on a card! Love the beautiful ribbon too.
Christine

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Such a beautiful card Marianne. Willow looks wonderful in these colours. I love the way you glittered her hem. Thank you for sharing your card with us. Thank you for joining us at Colour Create.
Sharon xx

Mina said...

lovey card Marianne, I love this WOJ image too...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp I've not seen that one before and you have coloured her beautifully
Love Mandy xx

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne this is really stunning! I love everything about this card!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Cardmaking Galore said...

lovely card!

Deanne said...

What a lovely image Marianne! You colored it beautifully! The gold ribbon looks fantastic!

Great Job with the Colour Create Colours!

xx-Deanne