Sunday 25 April 2010

Lazy Sunday

I had a lovely girly morning yesterday as I met up with my good friend Lynsey. I used to see Lynsey more or less on a weekly basis but since I have moved offices I don't see her at work anymore. We had arranged to meet up with Lisa as we all live in Norfolk. Lynsey and I have been following and e-mailing Lisa for some time and t was so lovely to meet her at last. We got along so well just like old friends and a visit to the local craft shop after coffee and scones to pick up a few much needed goodies by us all was a great finish to our visit.

I have had a lovely lazy Sunday, playing with my stash and on the laptop. We went out for lunch so I didn't even have to cook today. Back to reality tomorrow.

The first card I made today is quite a different one for me. The challenge atPaperplay is no DPs. I followed the lovely sketch at Moving along with the times and the theme of make a splash at Quixotic. The image is CC designs and I added glossy accents to her tail. It is the first time I have used this product and I shall certainly be using it again. The circle is cut with nesties and embossed with Cuttlebug bubbles folder and distressed for the challenge at Secret Crafter. The embellishments are a K&Co chipboard set I bought in America and they are just perfect for this card.

The second card is yet another male card for an order. The image is Little Claire, papers are DCWV and K&Co Hopscotch. The stars are a Cuttlebug die. I bought some star ribbon bards yesterday and just had to try one out here. Sentiment is Craftwork cards. I thought the ribbon looked manly enough. Really must use some flowers soon.
There is a great sketch as always at Friday Sketchers and A Spoon full of sugar have a Happy Birthday theme.

14 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne - pleased you all had such a great time. Love this train card, the colours are just perfect for a male card
Hugs Kate xx

Jo said...

Hi Marianne, thanks for dropping by, you put me to shame, I make one card during the day and you make two!!! And lovely they are too!! I use glossy accents a lot, Wendy reckons it is my trade mark!! It goes such a long way, I have had my bottle for years!! Take care Hugs Jo x

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dolcreations said...

I am so sorry I have not commented on your blog this week. I have been sooo darn busy and feel so badly missing all your goodies you have be making this week. Wow...I am so loving the little mermaid image! I so love those C.C. Design images....I may have to get this little one! You always do such bright and cheery cards...I am so glad you had some time to visit with some friends...so good to take time out to do so!!!!
Have a wonderful Sunday Marianne!

pinky said...

Two great cards Marianne, love that little mermaid and love how you done the second one, threading the ribbon through the star. Sounds like you had a nice day.
Pinky

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, we did have such a lovely day didn't we! I love your cards, they are both wonderful! Love your mermaid and the train looks really great too. Love how you used the brad you brought yesterday, must get mine out!
Hugs Lynsey x

Mandy said...

Two stunning cards..Love the image on the first one so cute and the second one love the colours a great man's card...So glad you had a lovely weekend..
Mandy xx

Deirdre said...

Marianne, Beautiful cards.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week. ♥

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Fab cards! I love the sweet mermaid image and the train image is perfect for male cards. Great idea for the brad.

It was so nice to meet up with you and Lynsey on Saturday. We will definitely have to do it again.

Lisa x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Marianne, wow two such fab cards, love them both. I do love the little mermaid though, great colours and dimension on your card. Thanks for joining us over at MAWTT, hugs Heidi (DT) xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, Ah these are both brill. Love them, thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week, Hazelxox

Julie M said...

Very cute cards, Marianne - I especially love that cute mermaid with the lovely blue touches.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

Julie :o)

Kim Dellow said...

Love the texture! Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

thread-bare said...

Great cards Marianne. Thank you for joining in with us at MAWTT xx Clare x