Monday 29 May 2017

MMCS news and my stamping tool thoughts


I am delighted to say that Kitty has asked me to stay until the end of the year as a designer at My Mum’s Craft Shop. I love the MFT Up in the Air stamps and dies and having bought some photo booth frames had an idea to use them with the animals peeping over them. Coloured with Copics and teamed with LOTV Up Up and Away papers. I used one of my favourite sets of dies, MFT  pierced fishtail stax. The bunting and sentiment are [art of the Up in the Air set and I added some wooden hearts.

Challenges
Creative Inspirations anything goes 
The Ribbon Girl any image 
Simon Says furry friends
MFT colour challenge

I am sure many of you will be familiar with the stamping tools on the market, particularly the MISTI. I thought they looked good but rather expensive. When I saw the Tonic Tim Holtz tool come out at a much cheaper price I decided to watch a video of Tim demonstrating its use. Of course then everyone was out of stock! A couple of weeks later I got one from Craftstash where you get a 20% off code for your first order so a bargain as they had it reduced too. I have only used it a few times but I am very impressed.

It is really good for sets of stamps like MFT as I can stamp multiple stamps together. I tried a rubber stamp which sometimes doesn't stamp well the first time and sure enough it missed some detail. With the stamping tool I just reinked that section and went over the stamp knowing it would be in exactly the same place so no more wasted card.  I am really pleased I bought one.

Check out my quick candy above, ends today.

27 comments:

meg said...

Super cute

Dortesjs said...

aww very cute card

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet card and I love my misti.xx [aNNie]

Deborah said...

So cute Marianne.
Deborah A

Debra K. said...

Really cute card! Love the animals peeking out. Great card design too.
I have a Misti and think it's great too especially putting sentiments straight on the card, on my Card-io cards especially. Debra x

Christine Dol said...

I love how you did this window card. Totally adorable. Thank-you for your advise on the tools you love to use!

Marjeta said...

Adorable card. Kove this images.

Marjeta

Anne said...

Lovely Marianne, I love how you got them peeking over.
I bought a Stamping Tool too and like you I'm very impressed :o)

Anne x

Sarah said...

I am not surprised that Kitty wanted you to stay...you are a great ambassador for MMCS. Love this cute card xx

Rene said...

So cute! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Valerija said...

Fabulous card. Love the cute little animals.
Valerija xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne, love the little cuties peeping over, lovely papers and design.
I bought the stamping platform a few weeks ago and really like the stamping effects, and so much cheaper than the Mistie, have fun using it, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

Congratulations! Another gorgeous card.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card Marianne and I love my Precision Press too!
Could not miss it!
xxx Margreet

Chrissy said...

Adorable card Marianne..so cute.

Luv CHRISSYxx

cotnob said...

A super card Marianne, cute animals.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lorraine said...

A very cute card Marianne
Lorraine x

coops said...

So gorgeous Marianne.I love your fab design and the images are so sweet ;D

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable card! Love how the critters peeking out from the frame windows!
Misti is really very expensive and I made my Misti-DIY with an Ikea frame andit works well. I think that these stamp positioners are a true necessity! No more wasted bad stamped images! :)

Carol S. said...

Cute card and love the sweet animals. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Fikreta said...

adorable card!

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card.Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this fortnight. CraftyNatalie-DT

misteejay said...

What a cute card.
I've been considering the Tonic (Tim Holtz) stamping platform so thank you for your views on the item.
Toni xx

Barb said...

This is such a sweet card Marianne. Barbxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Marianne this is gorgeous hunny! I love that little triptych of creatures, so cute popping through the windows there. Love the woodchip hearts too. Lovely paper combo and fishtail design. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Forgot to say, I just bought a stamping tool too, not a MISTI, as to get that in NZ is prohibitively expensive, but I too love mine to bits!! So brilliant for all those naughty rubber stamps that don't stamp well first time. Glad you're enjoying the Tim Holtz one, it does look fabulous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Donna said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation.
Thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl May Anything Goes - Any Image Challenge, and good luck in the prize draw.
Hugs, Donna xx