Sunday 23 April 2017

Watering the flowers


My back is slowly getting better thank goodness and it held up ok at the hospital on Friday thanks to a large heat patch and the tablets. Sales were very good. Yesterday's Copic class was fabulous. I learnt so much and discovered different ways of colouring. Taken out of my comfort zone and loved the results. Back again this morning and then as hubby is out for the day I will be able to play at home this afternoon practicing what I have learnt. I thought I would try something a bit different as I am really enjoying sewing again. I diecut the flowers and watering can, sprayed them with fabric spray and the added some embroidery to the flower centres. I also stitched the watering can in place as I wasn't confident the spray would hold that well. In hindsight I would have split the embroidery thread as the stitching is thicker than I would have liked. Not bad for a first attempt and I will be experimenting some more with my fat quarters.

19 comments:

Debra K. said...

This looks wonderful Marianne! I quite like the thicker stitching as it makes it look a bit more rustic. A really lovely design, well thought out.
I'm so pleased your sale went well and that your back held up. Glad you're enjoying your Copics class too. Debra x

Valerija said...

It's a beautiful project. Great idea.
Valerija xx

meg said...

Stunning little plaque Marianne, love the rustic feel

Liz said...

This is beautiful, Marianne, lovely design.

Glad to hear your back is improving and that you had a successful day at the hospital. xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely project Marianne and pleased to get your back held out yesterday

Anne

Tina Z. said...

Stunning creation, I love tiny flowers.

Carol S. said...

Brilliant design and great stitching. Glad to hear you are on the mend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cotnob said...

This is fabulous Marianne, so pretty.
I'm pleased to hear that your back is improving.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Christine Dol said...

This is such a neat idea! I just love how you used the your fabric to create this wonderful plaque. Glad to hear sales were good and your back held in there for you!!!! Have a wonderful Sunday.

Fikreta said...

this is so nice!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Marianne, pleased to hear that your back is feeling easier now and that your sales were good. Hope we can see what you were learning at the Copic workshop.
I love this latest embroidered piece of work, beautifully put together.
I know what you mean about rethinking your finished piece, I felt the smae about the poppy one I did, and have decided to buy another one and make it for my friend, when I really looked at it I saw quite a few flaws. Have a good day crafting, Kate x

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful and glad to hear you enjoyed the Copic classes.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The flowers look amazing!! I love the thicker stitching in the centers!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

coops said...

So gorgeous Marianne.I love all the flowers and watering can :D

xx coops xx

Sarah said...

Good to hear a that your back is on the mend. Love this wonderful hoop decoration, the stitching adds to the homespun charm xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, these flowers look amazing! Gorgous work, love the rustic feel of the juta!

misteejay said...

Glad to hear that your back is improving.
Hope you had another great day at the Copics classes.
The wall hanging is so pretty.
Toni xx

Tracy Welham said...

It's lovely, what a fabulous way to use up fat quarters and scraps of fabric. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Chrissy said...

I love this project Marianne..gorgeous work.

luv CHRISSYxx