Saturday 29 April 2017

Hippo Birthday


Time for a new challenge at A Gem of a Challenge and this time we want to see wet or dry embossing on your card. I have used one of Janet's newest images, Henrietta with flowers. I did enjoy colouring her with Copics of course. I went for a distressed look today using Santoro Willow papers and an old sentiment embossing folder which I embossed onto Core'dinations and then sanded.  I used a new Memory Box die, frangia bouquet. It's quite a large die but I just used the flowers and cut of the stems. I really like the uneven petals.

Challenges
Simon Says anything goes 
In the Pink Birthday 
The Paper Shelter Birthday card

I hope the weather stays dry today. What a funny week it has been, sun, rain and even a little snow and hail. We are going to a 70's concert in Cromer tonight so thought we would have a day at the coast going to Sheringham and then on to Cromer. Think we will be wrapping up warm.

Don't forget to check out my candy.

19 comments:

meg said...

Beautifully coloured sweet image, great card

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable.xx ♥[aNNie]

Valerija said...

What a beautiful card. Love the cute image.
Valerija xx

Carole Pollard said...

So cute I love the image and what a great embossed sentiment Love and hugs Carole x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the textures and beautiful image.
hugs
Linda xxx

cotnob said...

A sweet card Marianne, Henrietta is adorable.
Pauline -
Crafting with Cotnob
x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a cutie Marianne. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lisa said...

This is so sweet!! She's absolutely adorable!! I love the background paper, too!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sarah said...

What a great little hippo!! You have made a lovely card here and I really like those flowers too xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So cute image and love the distreesd look of your design!

Lorraine said...

A very cute hippo, gorgeous card
Lorraine x

coops said...

So gorgeous Marianne.Adorable image and I love the embossed sentiment and distressing.;D

Debra K. said...

What a cute card! Love the sweet image and your new die cut flowers are lovely. A fab card Marianne. Debra x

misteejay said...

Adorable. What a sweet image - lovely card.
Toni xx

Fikreta said...

very sweet card!

Nunzia Carusio said...

love this hyppo card!

cuilliesocks said...

Just so pretty Marianne, it's a lovely sweet image, beautiful papers and colours, Kate x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is soooo adorable, love that hipppo image.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Annette said...

I like the distressed look, but never manage to bring myself to 'rough up' my papers when it comes to doing it myself! Your little hippo is really sweet and the flower dies are really different, not ones I've seen before, but really effective with the pearls in their centres.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
In The Pink Challenge
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.