Thursday 9 December 2010

Hubby's Christmas card

The Christmas concert yesterday was fantastic so I'm really in the holiday mood now. Apart from a couple of special Christmas cards they are all made, written and most are posted. I seem to have been so busy the last couple of days but I did manage to get Hubby's card made and here it is.

I love the Cherry Kisses range from Pollycraft and as soon as I saw the new Jerry Kisses images I had to buy them, along with a few other new digis of course. Paula now has some Christmas images reduced to 49p so how could I resist some of those too. My friend Lynsey has set the challenge at Pollycraft this week and it is a colour challenge of blue, pink and brown. I wasn't sure that I could use pink on this card but once I had chosen the backing paper which is a pinky brown from DCWV the colours fell into place. I used Dusky Rose and Antique Pink Promarkers on his hat and the snowman's scarf. I didn't think Hubby would appreciate fuchsia or cerise! I'm hoping he likes all the glitter as well. After all, he is used to finding it everywhere, lol! I made the snowflakes using Marianne dies and MS punch and added card candy, a technique I admired on Lynsey's Winter Wonderland penguin card. The sentiment is also from Pollycraft.

I am also entering this card into the following challenges:
Delicious Doodles Digi
Craft your days away Texture
Passion for Promarkers Anything goes
A Spoon full of sugar Christmas card
Simon Says Christmas, no red or green
Cards for men Christmas card
Pear Tree Designs Winter Wonderland
Digital Tuesday Baby, it's cold outside
Papertake Christmas, red and green must not be seen
Moving along with the times Lots of spots

I also found out today that

25 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Marianne this is super I love it, Sure Hubby will too. You could enter this into MAWTT too as our theme is lots of Spots! Love Hazelxo

Miria said...

Hi, Marianne. thank you for becoming a follower. I love all your creations, this one is so cute,your hubby will love it for sure! Hugs. Miria

Gro said...

Beautiful card. Love your colours. Thanks for joining PFP's christmas challenge :o)

downrightcrafty said...

awwwwwwwwwwww love the detail on this and the colours work so well together
Hugs Kate xx

Fiona said...

oh you are soppy..I'm sure your hubby will love this Marianne it's very pretty as always!!

Fi
x

The Crafty Den said...

HI Marianne, what a gorgeous card. The image is adorable and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your papers and your image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge and bloghop. With hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Marianne, I'm sure hubby will just love it ! Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

pinky said...

Its just lovely Marianne, crikey are you organised or what. I am hoping to get my cards written and posted, some are bought:( Just ran out of time. I am committing to a christmas card blog definitely next year!!

Jill said...

Hi Marianne, glad you got the card, John had strict instructions to post it to you !!!! Hope your DH liked his card because its really sweet! Jill x

Brenda Brown said...

Such a beautiful card Marianne - I love how you have showcased that super cute image and I am sure hubby will love it.
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week.
luv {brenda} xox

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Marianne.
luv
Debby

debby4000 said...

Just popping back to say thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

jackiescrafts said...

What a lovely card I'm sure your hubby will love it. Thanks for joining in at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really gorgeous card, just love the image! I'm sure your hubby will love it!
Thank you for joining us this week at MAWTT good luck! Hugs shell xx

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.the image is fab and i love your papers and colours.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP.

xx coops xx

Carol Ann said...

A lovely Christmas card Marianne such a cute image loving those cool blue snowflakes. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx

Maria Matter said...

lovely Marianne, such beautiful coloring hun!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Marianne :-) I love this image and the papers and colours are perfect :-)

thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Susie said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and papers you've used! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely card.Just love the colours.Sweet image too.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Marianne. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Sarah said...

Hi Marianne, what a fab festive card! Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our special Christmas challenge, remember to take part in the blog hop too as we have loads of prizes to giveaway xxx

Julie said...

This is another fabbie Marianne!! Great snowflake detail! Thanks for joining in our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP, Juliexx

Donnas Den said...

Wonderful card, Marianne. Well done too on your feature spot.

Thanks for joining us over on Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna x