Thursday 16 December 2010

Another Christmas Card and my first ever card

This was the card I made for my friend Lynsey which I gave her yesterday so I can now share it with you. The image is Sugar Nellie and the papers are some of my favourites this year from Papermania. The spots are lovely and sparkly. I have almost used this pack so I was pleased to buy another bigger pack yesterday which was half price. The MS snowflake border punch has been out again. I used some of my favourite raffia lace and some gorgeous ribbon from Papermania. Flowers are Prima with Wild Orchid roses and punched ivy leaves. I added glitter to the fur and then sprayed the image, which was coloured with Promarkers, with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle. Well Lynsey does lover her glitter and sparkle too.
Challenges
Friday Sketchers Fab sketch
Pear Tree Designs Christmas card
Passion for Promarkers Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Anything Goes

At Crafty Cardmakers they have a really fun challenge of First and Latest or Greatest. The DT have been very brave in sharing their first creations and here's mine.

It was an anniversary card for my Hubby and he thought it was wonderful that I had made his card. I'm so glad we kept it as it is so interesting to see how I have progressed. As a first attempt, having no idea what I was doing, it is better than some I then went on to make with the dreaded peel offs. Thank goodness I discovered stamping and blogging. I hope you join in as it is so much fun to see our first efforts.

Lucky me, I won Paperplay's challenge and will be receiving a gift voucher for Simon Says.

22 comments:

Heather said...

Such a gorgeous card, I love the ribbon and lace and what a beautifully coloured image. How brave of you to show an original creation, I don't think I'd have the guts, mine were horrendous (but thankfully unphotographed!) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

Anonymous said...

Bet Lynsey loves her card - it's fabulous. And love your Anniversary card too. Funny you mentioning peel-offs. I think we all used them at some time or another. Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Cardmakers this week. xx

downrightcrafty said...

I have to agree the ribbon is beautiful however the sentiment circle is stunning

and wow how brave, I don't think I would dare to post my first ever creation, and love what you did too
Hugs Kate xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous Christmas card - love the papers and fab ribbon. Great to see you joining in with our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers - such a sweet anniversary card :o) Lisa x

Vicky said...

Fantastic card Marianne!, love this image and I can see why you love these papers too.
What a great first make!, dare not show mine, it was awful and I never took a photo lol!
hugs Vicky xx

pinky said...

Wow what a difference marianne, its nice to be able to compare them. Well done on your win:) Thanks so much for the lovely Christmas card, it arrived today and was a lovely surprise. Hugs
Pinky

Susie said...

Beautiful card, love the image and papers you've used! My first card was so simple compared to what I do now...it was just a simple decoupage topper stuck on a square card lol. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and Merry Christmas xx

Berry said...

Fab work Marianne! Isn't funny how we have improved and our styles have changed I'm not sure I would want to post my first card lol! Hugs Rebekah xx

Julie said...

Beautiful cards - lovely colours and designs! Thanks for joining in our Mega challenge at PFP, Juliexx

Wiccababe said...

well done on being brave and showing your first card it definitely could've been worse :)
and I love your latest one - I love that SN image, she's gorgeous isn't she?
Debz
xx

Cor* said...

ooooooooooooo a great first anniversary card. Love the hearts! Oh ya, your latest card is fantastic too! Great flowers and use of rafiia ribbon! Thanks for sharing your FIRST & LAST creations with us at Crafty Cardmakers! Wishing you a safe & Happy Holiday season. Little Miss Neat (Corry).

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card and love your first ever card.
I can't show my first card the pic was on an old PC thats look since gone.
luv
Debby

Heidi-Mari said...

Hello Marianne
This card is just gorgeous!
I love the lace, flowers and paper!
I also have this stamp, and really like it!
Beautiful coloring too.
Hope you have a blessed weekend
Heidi
P.S.
I love the gift boxes you made too!

Claudine Poch said...

How pretty! Nice coloring. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, how your style has changed! This is a really fun challenge, I have really enjoyed seeing your first card and of course the lovely Christmas card you made me!
Hugs Lynsey x

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Marianne. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge at PFP. Hugs Michele x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Have a wonderful Christmas x

Tammylee said...

Love your very first card! This card is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments! Hope to see you again!

Also, just to let you know that I have Candy on my blog!
http://tammyleestampcorner.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-candy-now.html

Tammylee

coops said...

gorgeous card marianne.i love the image and beuatiful colours and details.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Vixykins said...

A beautiful creation, thank you for playing the Mega Christmas Challenge at Passion for Promarkers and Good Luck!

Also thank you for being brave and showing your first for Crafty Cardmakers! I'm sure I had that backing paper too!

Lin said...

I think you first card is really charming. You are very brave cutting hearts by hand and actually making them look like hearts. As for the dreaded peel off. Yep we all went down that route. Your latest card is quite the stunner.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and thanks for joining our First and Last Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Hope to see you back next year.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox

Gro said...

Beautiful. Love your colours. Thanks for joining PFP's mega challenge :o)