Tuesday 13 October 2009

Back from holiday

Hi everyone, I'm back from a lovely holiday in New England. As I've been to Salem and seen lots of pumpkins and Halloween decorations I thought I would change the look of my blog to match. Had a great time. the weather was mostly good and warmer than I expected. We saw some of these, though not as much as the previous 2 visits.
We went a week earlier this time and didn't visit as far north as usual so the foliage wasn't at peak when we were there unfortunately. After Salem, we went to Maine and then down to Cape Cod, which is just gorgeous, and finished up with 3 days in Boston, where I celebrated my birthday. Along the way I managed to fit in some craft shopping. The shops there are so big and the prices so much better for a lot of items. The price we pay in £s is what you pay in $s there and as the $ is about 65p that means big savings especially on items like MS punches, which I have been wanting for a while but decided to wait until we went to the US. I'm glad I did as I got more for my money. I also downloaded some 50% off one item vouchers. As it was one per person hubby had to take one of the more expensive items to the till with a voucher and I followed behind so we could use 2 vouchers in one shop. It's also great to be able to buy stickers for the American states for scrapbooking. Here's what I got, well it was my birthday.
My lovely hubby bought me the punches and I had some money from my Mum plus some saved. Graham was also going to by me some nesties but I couldn't find them. They have them online but not in the shops so I will be ordering them today. The best bargain I got was a scrapbook for £4. You can see it at the back of the picture. I wanted an American themed one and found this one on offer.

All of the hotels, which were fab, had computers for guests to use so I managed to check my e-mails and blog a few times in the evenings. I was so lucky to win the Die Cuts blog candy of 100 images. Thanks so much, Susie. Susie asked me what images I liked and was amazed when I said I don't like Tilda. I know she is a great favourite out there but I just don't like her. Here's a sample of the images Susie sent me.

I've missed blogging an am itching to start making some cards today but the ironing is calling, and what a lot of it there is after so long away. I'll catch up with you all over the next couple of days and will be posting my promised blog candy so keep an eye out for that.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Welcome home Marianne, wow what gorgeous goodies to play with, ignore the ironing and have a play with your new stash instead. I'm not suprised Vikki couldn't believe you don't like Tilda's, she's adorable. Happy belated Birthday hun
hugs Mandy xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Lots of gorgeous goodies! I think Tilda is sweet but must admit it took me a while. Quite a few people are not keen on her.

Lisa x

Susie Sugar said...

Glad you got them ok , welcome home ............still can't beleive you don't like sweet Tilda !!! lol
Love Susie xx

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne, looks like you got some great crafty goodies! I can't wait to see all the lovely cards that you are going to make with it all.
I love your spooky look blog!
Hugs Lynsey:)