Tuesday 14 July 2009

New Home


I've got the whole week and next Monday off work, hooray, which is how I am able to post this at this time of the morning when I am usually busy working away at my desk. Not sure how much time I will get for cardmaking this week as hubby is also on holiday. Lots to do, decorating etc but meeting some friends for a meal later after a visit to a garden and craft centre with the biggest selection of cardmaking materials in the area. Unfortunately nothing like as big as the craft shops in America but I'm sure I will find something to buy. Graham is back at work next Monday so plan to spend most of the day cardmaking. Should be able to increase the 6 Christmas cards I have so far.
I have just bought 4 Rachelle Anne Miller stamps from the Secret Crafter and this one is perfect for a very different welcome to your new home card I needed to make for a friend who moved house yesterday. Such a change from the usual new home cards. I wanted to give the watering can a distressed look so blended coral and ivory Promarkers together. I've used this technique a little on terracotta pots with spice and ivory but on a much smaller scale. The stamp is called Peek a Bunny. This card is for 4 challenges. The sketch is from Sketch Saturday. The other challenges are A Pet Parade at Our Creative Corner, furry things over at One Stop Craft Challenge and shapes and punches over at Stamp with Fun. I used Nestabilities for the shapes and the X cut corner rounder punch.

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh what a cute card, he's so sweet.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Stunning card, love your colour combo!
Erin x

Sandra said...

Really sweet card. Love that image.

Lynsey said...

I really the image for a new home card Marianne! It is so sweet, love those papers too. Hope you have enjoyed your week off.
Hugs Lynsey:)

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

What a cutie! That bunny is adorable and so right for a new home card. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx