Friday 17 July 2009

Let's mistletoe


I had a nice surprise in the post this week. I won £25 on the premium bonds. Not a fortune but enough to buy some Greeting Farm stamps I have wanted after seeing the wonderful cards you other ladies are creating. I struggled to find the set I wanted as everybody was out of stock. However I checked out one of my follower's websites and found the Rain Snow Shine set for sale at Quixotic Paperie. Very reasonable p&p rates and free for spends of £25 or more. Of course I had to spend all of my winnings. I placed the order on Wednesday and the nice postie has just delivered it so thanks Elaine for such a prompt response. As well as the Anya set I also bought another Greeting Farm stamp, some flowers, charms and flatbacked pearls.

Now onto my entry for 4 challenges which I managed to make last night just in time for some of these. The first challenge is Winter Wonderland with the Christmas present challenge which I interpreted as a present being a kiss under the mistletoe and present meaning contemporary. The swirls are for the Penny Black challenge, the sketch is from Papertake and the 4th challenge is the use of cutting dies and/or punches for Dutch Dare.

Ingredients
Stamp - Penny Black let's mistletoe
Coloured with Letraset Promarkers and glitter pens
Paper - Green is Papermania A Wonderful Christmas time, other from last year
Die cuts - Nestability, Sizzix scribbles swirl, Sizzix corner
Embellishments - gems from stash
Punch - X cut corner rounder

15 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Marianne :o) A great card! The image is brill and I love the swirls and colours!

Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland!

Teri xx

MarkerGeek said...

Fabulous card, Marianne! Congrats on your winnings!

So pleased your goodies arrived safely, can't wait to see what you make with them!

pinky said...

Excellent card, love the image and swirls. Well done on your win and getting your new Anya's.
Pinky

Dawn♥ said...

OH your card is dynamite looking. Love the colors scheme! Cute image! :)
♥Dawn♥

Kath Stewart said...

such a fun card Marianne...love that funky image and your red swirls are gorgeous......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hello I love the bright funky feel to your card.
Thanks for joining in the fun at winter wonderland. Hugs Pascale

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the PB image and love the sparkly swirls and corners.
luv
Debby

sharon said...

Hi Marianne,

What a lovely blog you have!, love your cards and can't wait to see what you create in the I ♥ ProMarkers challenge!.x

dolcreations said...

Congratulations on your win!
This card is just adorable!
Christine

Kirsten...x said...

Well done on your win i would have spent the whole amount too lol... your card is super love the image and the swirls hugs kirsten...x

Lesley said...

hi...this is gorgeous...i love ur interpretation of the theme this week...who doesn't love a kiss under the mistletoe...lol...thanx for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week...hugs Lesley xxx

p.s congrats on ur win!!! xx

Anna said...

Lovely blog! Thank you so much for posting my blog candy. Hope you enjoy your new Greeting Farm set. That set is darling.

Dawny P said...

This is gorgeous :) I love the image and papers you used and it's a fabulous take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

Karin said...

Fabulous card Marianne.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.

xoxo Karin

Unknown said...

This is what happens when you make christmascars in summertime: they end up so happy and with such bright colours :) Just great.
Thanks for joining DDCC this week.
xx Monica