Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Coffee time and a Carriage Ride


Had a lovely day out in Norwich today. We went on another free one hour workshop called "Going further with your I Pad". These workshops at the Apple store are really good and we picked up lots of hints and tips. I am loving using the I Pad thought it has some limitations for posting on my blog so I use the main laptop for that. However for checking challenges, commenting etc it is so much faster than the laptop.

Anyway on to my 2 layouts for today. I am managing to keep up that resolution to do more layouts. Hope I can continue with it. My first layout is so typical of hubby. He is always drinking tea and coffee and has even put a Starbucks app on his new I Phone. It tells you where the nearest one is and how to get there! The papers are Michael's own make (America). I used my new borderabilities and then promptly covered up most of them, lol! The clock and letters were cut with Tim Holtz dies. The chipboard emebllies were magazine freebies. I recycled part of a Starbucks gift card and some ribbon from some Costa mini muffins. I remember thinking this will come in handy for scrapbooking. 


I went for a distressed look, even using staples. I also did some sewing with my Sew Easy.


Challenges:
Cards for men Recycling (doesn't have to be a card)
Dream Valley Anything Goes

My second layout I made using the sketch at Sketchy Thursdays where you also have to use blue and silver.  I love their sketches and will try to use them most weeks from now on. We visited New York in 2008 (I think!) and loved it. We just had to go on a carriage ride in Central Park. I've used DCWV Nantucket papers. The sign is a Marianne die which I made with Core'dinations, distressed it and added the epoxy letters.

Flowers are from Michaels and Wild Orchid where I would like to enter their anything goes challenge. I added some baker's twine, Tim Holtz journal tag, rub on, punched leaves, silver charm and pins.

20 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Both so fabulous Marianne. Lovely pics too

Hugs Jane x

julie_woolston said...

Wow lovely Marianne, I have not tried scrapbooking maybe I will have a go one day.
So pleased you had a good day at Norwich.

Hugs Julie x

downrightcrafty said...

lovely to see your layouts and love the journalling notes and great photo's
Hugs Kate xx

Linda said...

Both are very beautiful
hugs Linda

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Great photo of Graham with his cuppa!! Also a lovely photo of you and Graham in the carriage ... love the red, white & blue colour combo and the flowers really add the finishing touch to this beautiful layout.

Lisa x

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous scrapbook page and those photos look as though you certainly did have a fabulous time. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

pinky said...

You make me so jealous with these layouts Marianne, you always look like you are both having such a fabulous time together!! Thanks for the heads up, would you believe I had earmarked your challenge when I was doing that post but totally forgot again cause its in my Christmas challenges:( All sorted now:)

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne, what great scrapbook pages! They are both so creative! It's lovely to see you doing more scrapbooking!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sandra said...

Hi Marianne, Both are amazing and so lovely:) Sandra H

Vicky said...

They are both wonderful Marianne..!

big hugs Vicky xx

Lisa Jane said...

These are both a fabulous way to treasure your memories
Lisa x

Janette said...

Oh wow what stunning pages you created, just love them, thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley this time.xx

Malin ~ Lillpiga said...

Thanks for joining us at WOC with your beautiful layout!

debby4000 said...

Two absolutely gorgeous layouts Marianne, my fave is the coffee one.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Two fantastic pages :o)
Jackie xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are just GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tracy said...

Great layout - thanks for joining us at CFM
Tracy x

Julie said...

Fab layouts! I must do more layouts! x

Lynne in NI said...

Wow, these are both fabulous, great photos too! Thanks for playing along with us at Dream Valley Challenges - good luck in the draw!

Bev said...

Fab layouts! Thanks for joining us at WOC this week x