Tuesday, 20 September 2011

Get your skates on!

As promised I'm back with my second card for today. Please scroll down for a cute footballer.

I used the sketch at Wild Orchid where they also want a Christmas card and as Lili of the Valley have a colour challenge of red, green and white I thought I would combine the two with this image from Last Christmas. The image is coloured with Promarkers and I added loads of glitter flock to the fur and glossy accents on the ice. I've used the recent free HOTP papers which also included the sentiment, Cherry Blossom from Wild Orchid, Sizzix die cut holly leaves, ribbon and pearls from stash.

Thanks for all your lovely comments and welcome to a few new followers. If you haven't entered my candy yet then just click on my candy page at the top of my blog.

17 comments:

Debbie said...

I love this LOTV image - who wouldn't, so cute.The papers are gorgeous and love the flowers too.Great creation as usual. Sorry I've not been about lately, I've been looking and admiring your work but not had much time to comment.Hope you're well.Love Debbie x

Sandra said...

Marianne, this is a fabulous image i can imagine this will be used a lot of the next few weeks as its a lovely christmas/wonderland/image it is coloured beautifully and her skates are amazing also is the ice truly lovely:) Sandra H

craftymonster81 said...

Really lovely card
Lindsay xx

Rebekah said...

This is fab Marianne great xmas card hugs Rebekah xx

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a fab card Marianne....
You are rocking with all your cards...

Debbie said...

Great Christmas card Marianne. Love this image.
Debbie x

Jill said...

It's a great stamp isn't it and I just love those flowers mmm... red green and white is quite difficult but you have made it look really easy!! Jill x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and traditional colours. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Marianne...and I love the layout too....

hugs Vicky xx

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the lovely comment my card. I had to have a look at yours,lol.
Gorgeous card. Fab christmasy colours. I like the corner bit.
Kathleen x
Ps. I've become a follower and thanks for the chance to win. Pic on sidebar.

dolcreations said...

Oh Marianne...I just love this image and how you coloured her! Beautiful as always!

pinky said...

I just adore that image Marianne, your card is just stunning.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Marianne and what a cute image.
luv
Debby

coops said...

stunning card marianne.the image is gorgeous and i love your fab papers and design :D

xx coops xx

Kim. said...

This is stunning, love this image and the colours are great for it. Beautifully embellished.
Kim xXx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne what a beautiful Christmas card! Love the holly and flowers.
Hugs Lynsey x

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous work! Love the image, colours and details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - hope to see you again on our next challenge :)
Hugs, Lena K