Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Shabby Chic

The challenge at Wild Orchid is shabby chic friendship and as my friend Lynsey gave me this stamped image I thought it was appropriate to use it for this challenge. Lynsey used her for my Birthday card last year and I can now see why she paper pieced the dress as I found it quite difficult to colour because there are no folds in it.  I can't tell you how many layers of Promarker are on her dress until I was satisfied, but not overjoyed with it. I'm also never sure I do shabby chic that well but had a go. I find that thicker papers are best for distressing so distressed and inked the edges of these First Edition Spring Feast papers. The flowers and butterfly are from Wild Orchid, sentiment is from Do Crafts Tulip range. I added some glitter, lace and pearls too. I would also like to enter this into the sketch challenge at The Sugar Bowl and pink and green at Charisma.

11 comments:

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Marianne, love the papers and cute image. Congrats on your GDT
Clairexx

Lou said...

Hi! this is soooo pretty Marianne,i really love the papers and colours too.
hugs Lou.xx

Kirsty-Anne (Kitty) said...

Hi super creation loving all the shabby elements. The papers are so perfect. Kitty :D

Lisa Jane said...

a realy pretty card Marianne- beautiful papers
Lisa x

Donna Mosley said...

So pretty Marianne. Very sweet image, love her dress and all of the fab details.

Donna x

coops said...

beautiful card marianne.gorgeous gg girl, i love her fab dress and your colours are really pretty :D

xx coops xx

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card for a friend.:) Sandra H

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, wonderful card Marianne.
luv
Debby

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is just beautiful, gorgeous work hugs pops x

Vee said...

Fabulous, love the cute image. Thanks for joining Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Stampin Mindy said...

AWE! This is so sweet. I love that charm!
Thank you so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts, Shabby Chic Friendship Challenge.

Hugs, Mindy