Monday, 27 September 2010

Two gorgeous girls

I heard today that my laptop is still being repaired and it is likely to be at least another week before I get it back. They offered me a choice of waiting, a refund or another laptop but I really want mine back. It takes so long to set up a new one loading programmes etc so I'll just have to be patient. The internet seems painfully slow tonight, supposed to be faster since they upgraded it, havne't noticed any improvement yet, and oh I do miss Photoshop for enhancing my pics.

Right enough moaning, onto my cards. I think you may see this little beauty a lot before Christmas gets here. She is LOTV of course. Papers are Papermania Heather with a scrap of Christmas paper. I added some silver ribbon and lace and made a lace bow to go with the Wild Orchid flowers. I took the stamens out of the cherry blossom and added a silver snowflake. More Cuttlebug silver snowflakes on the lace and silver punched fern leaves. The sentiment has been coloured with a Promarker, as has the image, and glitter.
Challenges:
Crafts 4 Eternity Sketch, lavender and lace
Lili of the Valley Untraditional Christmas
One Stop Craft Snowflakes in September
Secret Crafter Purple and silver
Totally Gorjuss Christmas
Wild Orchid Ribbons and bows
Incy Wincy Anything Goes

The second card is a SN image I haven't used for ages. I cut her out and mounted her on a Nellie cut circle. Papers are BG Euphoria and sheet from an old Dovecraft girly pack. I added some blue and purple flowers, Prima rose leaves, spacer and brad and some card candy.
Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday sketch
CRAFT Teenagers

28 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

they sure are Marianne, 2 beautiful cards.
Chris x

Linda said...

Both cards are beautiful, but i love the first card the most.
hugs linda

pinky said...

Another two lovely cards Marianne. That sketch was just made for your card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week. Hugs
Pinky

Vixx handmade cards said...

Two stunning creations Marianne!, love the colour combos on both and great layouts too.
Take care and fingers crossed you have your laptop back soon, hugs Vicky xx

downrightcrafty said...

Two fabulous cards, create colours and images
Kate xx

Mags said...

What gorgeous cards!

luv, Mags x

dolcreations said...

Two beauties Marianne! But I must admit....I LOVE those LOTV images! You have done such a gorgeous job with that image! I love the snowflakes at the bottom too! The purples just seem to suite her!!!!

Milnie said...

Gorgeous cards Marianne, really love the colors of the first one!!

hugs

Lynsey said...

Fantastic cards as always Marianne! Love the layouts you have used. Thanks for your nice comments about my website.
Hugs Lynsey x

Suzi said...

Two fabulous cards Marianne, I love the lotv one. Fantastic colour combo. Thank you so much for joining us this week at One Stop Craft.
Hugs
Suzi x

Mandy said...

Another two beautiful cards,I love the LOTV image...Great papers and colours...Sorry I've not been by for a while but with my bad back I'm not blogging or crafting as much....Hope you get your laptop back real quick...
Mandy xx

Jill said...

Really beautiful pair of girls Marianne. My favourite is the first card, I love here sparkly hand-warmer!! Jill x

{Jane} said...

Fab card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

carol said...

Love these two cards, look super, hope you get your lap top back soon, they are so important to use bloggers...lol
thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. challenge this week, x carol

Squirrel x said...

Super card hun, love it. Thanks for joining in with Christmas at TG this week. Hugs, Sxx

debby4000 said...

Adorable sweet cards Marianne especially love the LOTV one.
luv
Debby

Lynda said...

They're both totally beautiful - the images are both gorgeous and I love the colours on both cards. I never really seem to use purples and when I see cards like this it makes me wonder why?

Love Lynda xxx

Annette said...

Marianne, your cards are delightful & fun! Thanks for joining us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week.

Mephisto said...

Hi,

wonderful card.
Thanks for joining in the LotV Challenge.

Domi

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful cards Marianne I am in love with the first one big time, the image, colours, papers and flower displays are wonderful thank you for sharing this with us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Michele Spera said...

lovely job on both cards:-) the first one is too cute, love the glitter her and there and the tag!
thank you for joining us at C4E
XMicheleX

BearyWishes said...

Both cards are fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at CRAFT.
Kathie xx

martina's kaartjes said...

these are pretty cards !! prefere the first one !!
greetings, martina
x

Trimgym said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

Pops x said...

his is really gorgeous i love it, thanks for joining us at LOTV big hugs pops x

michele said...

Fabulous cards Marianne thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs xx

Sarah A said...

Gorgeous cards, love them both!

Thank you so much for joining us over on Incy Wincy this week. Good luck!

Sarah x

pickle said...

Both beautiful cards but the lilac one is absolutely gorgeous x