Wednesday, 14 July 2010

I've missed blogging

Happy Wednesday everybody as I have got my laptop working again. On Monday I sat down to put a couple of cards on my blog and schedule my post for Bella's blog hop when my antivirus warned me it was expiring. I tried to download a new one and it failed. After 2.5 hours trying to sort it out I was very frustrated. I managed to send Erin a quick e-mail to say I had to pull out of the blog hop, which really disappointed me. I took it to an IT tech yesterday and he tried to download it and has the same problem so it is obviously faulty. I now have a new one as of this afternoon so I am back with 4 cards and lots of challenges. I have a lot of blogging to catch up on now over the next few days.

This first card was made using the last WOJ sketch and of course I have missed that challenge now. Papers are Papermania aqua and heather capsule. I love the doilies I have seen on blogs and this is the first one I have used here. I used a pearlescent blue stamp pad on it for the part circle. Flowers are Prima with Wild Orchid roses. I didn't have the right colour purple so coloured a white flower to match her top (Bluebell Promarker).
Challenges
Sir Stampalot Lazy hazy days of Summer
Crafty Sentiments 2 different patterned papers
Wild Orchid Say it with flowers
Flutterby Wednesdays At least 3 layers

This is a new stamp from Sarah Kay, which is going to be a fave I can see. Papers are Wild Rose and a scrap of Honey and Hugs. I used an MS flower garden border punch on both layers and added glossy accents to the water.
Challenges
Truly Scrumptious Sketch option how does your garden grow
Crafty Calendar Summer
Cute Card Thursday School's out for Summer
Polka Doodles Summer
Totally Gorjuss Water, water
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Summer days
Papertake In the garden

I hope you are still with me here. One of my friend's granddaughters is called Alice and will be 6 next month so asked to make her a special card I immediately knew I had to use this Spesch digi image of Alice. Alice's fave colour is blue, which of course is perfect for the image. The playing card was in a pack free in a cracker (how fab was that), papers are Dovecraft. The name was made with a Tim Holtz Carnivale Sizzix die.
Challenges
Oh Alice Use sketch but alter (I made the join horizontal rather than diagonal for the papers)
CRAFT Cakes/icecream

Last, but not least is this cute LOTV pair. I used a Nellie die for the circle with eyelets and a new Dovecraft star punch, MS zigzag punch and a variety of papers and gems.
Challenges
Moving along with the times sketch
Passion for Promarkers Animals
The Crafty Pad Yellow, orange and holes.

43 comments:

Babs said...

you have been really busy Marianne but worth the wait, your cards are beautiful, the images are gorgeous and coloured to perfection,
Babs x

Sue C said...

Wow Marianne you have been busy ! All of your cards are lovely. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

Sue said...

Lovely cards from a very busy Lady.They are all gorgeous.Glad you are getting back to normal.
Sue

Crafty Chris said...

I so love these they are gorgeous, glad to hear you got your computer working again.
Christine x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW these are all super. I love them all. Golly nothing worse than technology gone wrong!! Glad you are back though. Thanks for joining inwith us on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Mandy said...

Hi Marianne,
So pleased you have your computer problems sorted....Three gorgeous cards,I love them all....
Mandy xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne,
Its great to see you back online! All your cards are so wonderful! You have been busy.
Hugs Lynsey x

Jill said...

Phew Marianne, I hate being without a computer! Just love all your cards, as always! Jill x

dolcreations said...

Well this was worth the wait! Your cards are beautiful. I cannot pick a favourite! You do each and everyone of them perfectly! So glad to see you are back! Love seeing your creations!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a cute card. Love the sweet LOTV image and your colouring is fab. Your other cards are gorgeous too. Glad you've got your laptop sorted - it's like having your right arm cut off when they don't work isn't it. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Julie said...

Lovely to have you back with us in blogland Marianne and with loads of gorgeous creations too!! Love the Alice one, and of course, your fabby little bear for our challenge at PFP this week! Love it!! Thanks for joining us!! Hugs, Juliexx

Danni said...

All of these are just wonderful!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. this week with your yummy project! A great selection of projects! Cheers Claire x

maxine said...

Lovely card very cute thanks for joining us at The crafty pad and good luck

Nicki (LittleTed) said...

My oh my, what a fabulous bunch of creations, they'll all lovely. Glad you're up and running again!

Nicki, xx

Nina S. B. Macaulay said...

so many sweet cards!
Love the Sarah Kay image, she's one of my favourites too :O)
Glad to hear your pc nightmare is over!
Thanks for joining us over at Totally Gorjuss this week, hope you join in again soon :O)

Good luck in all of the challenges!

Hugs Nina x

Kat said...

What lovely cards. Glad you got your laptop back and shared your card with us at TG this week.

Kat x

Kimberly S said...

What a busy crafter, and how lovely they all are! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's FBW challenge! :)

Emma said...

All such gorgeous cards Marianne, beautiful images and papers.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma
PS I have a £10 voucher giveaway on my blog if you would like to pop over and enter.

Rica said...

Four fabulous cards Marianne, love the beautiful warm colours of your TS one, that gorgeous Sarah Kaye image and stunning details.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious
hugs Heather xx

Mary J said...

Hello Marianne! What a super set of cards - all really lovely and great attention to detail! I love the little lady watering her garden - very feminine and pretty!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful cards Marianne, it's so hard to choose a favourite.
luv
debby

李冠文 said...

very nice blog~~..................................................................

TG said...

Lovely selection of cards Marianne.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creations, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s and Polkadoodles challenges, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Jackie said...

Oh wow, they are well worth waiting for, every one of them is gorgeous :o)
It's like losing your arms and your friends when your computer goes down :o(
Jackie xx

pinky said...

Marianne they are all gorgeous! Glad you got your lappy sorted, aren't computers so bad to us and we are sooo good to them lol. Thanks for sharing at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Pinky

Suzi said...

They are all adorable Marianne, I love that cute kitten and your new SN stamp. Gorgeous cards hun. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs Suzi x

brenda said...

Hi Marianne

What a great selection of cards.

Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow such gorgeous cards! They are all lovely but my fav is the Sarah Kay card ~ I adore this image and the colours and flowers are so pretty.

Thanks for your lovely comment about Chloe. She is much better today and has been colouring images this afternoon. She hopes to make them into cards over the weekend.

Lisa x

pinky said...

Back with my Sir Stampalot hat on Marianne lol, thanks for joining us again this month.
Pinky

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Such beautiful cards Marianne.
Thank you for entering the challenge at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Lena Katrine said...

Great cards in beautiful colours and lovely embellies! Thanks for joining our first challenge at WOC - good luck!
Hugs, Lena

debs said...

wow you have been busy!!..a fabulous set of cards :-)
thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

Georgia said...

Wow, such stunning cards! I love the colours and your embellishments are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :) Georgia xx

Sammi @ Mad for Markers said...

wow! So many great cards! LOVE them! I really love your Alice one and think your friend's grand-daughter will LOVE it!!
Thanks for playing along at Oh, Alice!!
Sammi
xxx

Anja's KortKreasjoner said...

WOW, wonderful cards. Love the supercute catimage, and your colouring is just fab. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs, Anja

Sally H said...

Gorgeous work! Thanks for sharing your Summery designs with us at Sir stampalot!

Debbie said...

Super card Marianne - love that image - sooo cute. :) :)
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)

Debbie Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Andie's Space said...

Hi Marianne,
Another fabulous selection of totally gorgeous cards! Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Hope Jacare said...

Great project - thanks for playing along in the summer challenge at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

Jenny said...

Stunning projects & love your project for our summer challenge! Beautifully coloured image & colour combo! Thanks for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.

Donna said...

Such a wonderful card and lovely design just perfect for our Summer theme at Crafty Calendar this month! Thanks for joining in the fun with us :) Donna x