Sunday 18 February 2018

Going home for Christmas


I had a good afternoon cardmaking yesterday and made four cards, two of them Christmas cards! Mind you none of them involved colouring otherwise I wouldn't have made so many. I didn't use this lovely vintage Stampendous stamp last Christmas and as I am trying to use some of my older stamps thought it was time it had an outing. I stamped it with brown ink onto kraft card. The papers are old First Edition Vintage Noel ones. I distressed all the edges, added a Bo Bunny sentiment and some holly leaves which were cut using a Memory Box holly branch cut into secions.

Challenges
ABC Christmas D for distress 
Simon Says use a diecut 
Noor! Design UK celebrations

Really lovely to see the sun the last two days.  Hubby even did some gardening yesterday morning whilst I was ironing. He planted some primroses and had a general tidy and forked over the soil. He has done about half the garden so far and it looks much tidier. Lovely to see the bulbs all coming through. Spring is on the way. Enjoy your Sunday. 

24 comments:

Glennis F said...

I love the vintage look Marianne

aussie aNNie said...

Always loved this stamp and this is designed lovely on your card.x[aNNie' blog]
 ❤️

Valerija said...

A beautiful card Marianne, so pretty.
Valerija xx

meg said...

fantastic stamp and papers, lovely vintage feel

Janette said...

I love the vintage feel, gorgeous card..x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Ah I love this stamp, great for male Christmas cards and it looks just right here with your vintage patterned papers.
Lorraine

Fikreta said...

Gorgeous card!
have a nice dayy
hugs

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Marianne. I have this stamp...un-inked! must do something about that!
Lorraine x

Carol S. said...

Great vintage masculine card. We have a few Daffodils out, so Spring can't be too far away! Hugs, Carol S.xx

Christine Dol said...

What a nice old fashioned vintage card! Your going to be so ahead of the game with your Christmas cards. I started early last year and it was a great feeling! Thank-you for inspiring me all year with your Christmas cards. I love to hear that spring is on its way!!!! Sure can't wait!!!!

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful vintage Christmas card. Marlene

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful, love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sarah said...

A lovely vintage card xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fab vintage look!!

pinky said...

Lovely vintage card Marianne! So nice to have a hint of spring in the air!! Can't believe how long our grass has grown with that bit of sunshine.

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

rachel said...

Gorgeous vintage card - I adore this Marianne! Hugs rachel x

cuilliesocks said...

Such a lovely vintage card Marianne, I love this image and gorgeous papers, Kate x x

Mau xx said...

Hi Marianne, lovely to visit your blog again! Your card is beautiful! I love vintage style Christmas cards. I do believe I still have some of those papers left. xx
Hubby has been tidying our garden too over the past week as we have had some lovely days...cold but at least we have seen the sun. He still gets quite tired though, so little by little.
hugs xx

Mau xx said...

Hi Marianne, tried to leave a comment but think it jumped and vanished into cyber! Love the Vintage style Christmas card, I do believe I have some of these papers left! they go perfectly with this stamp!
Hubby is slowly getting our garden ship shape for the spring too, its lovely to see the little spring flowers all popping up.
xxx

Barb said...

A beautiful vintage card Marianne. A lovely image and I really like the distressed layers. Barbxx

misteejay said...

Fabulous card - one of my favourite stamps.
Toni xx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous what a beautiful stamp and design Love and hugs Carole x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous vintage Christmas card, I have that stamp but I don't think I've ever used it.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby