Tuesday 16 January 2018

Snowmen


Last year I had several ideas for sewing projects but never had time to get them all made for Christmas. I am determined to get ahead with Christmas makes this year and have been experimenting making some felt snowmen.  I tried different ways of sewing the head and body together and am happy with these ones so shall be making more of them in various colours.

I used Lawn Fawn stitched circle dies and was pleased with how easily they cut the felt. The hats were cut with a Tim Holtz snowman stamp and die set.  I realised brads made perfect eyes and noses. I found some star and heart brads amongst my brad collection and they make lovely buttons. On the red one which was the first one I made I did use buttons. I cut and fringed a strip of felt to make the scarves, I shall be making some of these for myself as well as to sell. 

22 comments:

meg said...

love these cute snowmen

Glennis F said...

Very cute!

Carole Pollard said...

brilliant idea I love these gorgeous snowmen these will be a winner I'm sure adorable Love and hugs Carole x

Fikreta said...

those are so adorable!
hugs

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Marianne, I think you are on a winner for your end of your Christmas sales.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Christine Dol said...

Oh my these are so cute. The would be so nice on a gift package along with a tag...oh so cute Marianne.

Lorraine said...

These snowmen look fabulous - so cute.
Lorraine x

Linda Simpson said...

These are so cute!
Hugs
Linda xxx

misteejay said...

How cute. I'm sure you will need loads of these in your stock ready for Christmas.
Toni xx

cuilliesocks said...

Aww so sweet Marianne, lovely snowmen, you are clever, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute snowmen!!! Love your sewing project!

cotnob said...

Cute snowmen Marianne, a great idea.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

pinky said...

Very cute indeed Marianne!

Debbie said...

Good idea getting organised. Adorable snowmen xx

Wishcraft said...

Love your snowmen Marianne, they look fab :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Carol S. said...

Very cute tree decs and a good idea to get ahead. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Diane said...

They are cute Marianne xx

aussie aNNie said...

Cute snowmen, now I know you love these snowmen and your creations are just stunning.xx [aNNie]

Valerija said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable are those snowmen!
Valerija xx

Debra K. said...

These are just too cute :) ! Debra x

Chrissy said...

Oh, these puffy little guys are wonderful Marianne..

Luv CHRISSYxx

ionabunny said...

These are cute. Great idea to use brads. Hugz