Saturday 22 July 2017

Someone told Ella black is slimming


At A Gem of a Challenge his week we want to see your Christmas cards. The Dt have all used one of Janet's new images and I chose Winter Ella as I really wanted to try colouring an image using just grey Copics. It didn't photograph that well and I have to say the shading looks better in real life. I used the Authentique Wintery papers again with some ribbon from Crafty Ribbons and a Memory Box snowflake diecut from white glitter card. I hope you will join in the fun and get cracking with those Christmas cards.

I said yesterday that my 70's girl was an appropriate image. The reason was that we went to Potter's at Hopton yesterday, with a couple of friends, for a one night break. It was our first time of staying there and the reason we went was to see Bjorn Again, the Abba tribute band. We had a 5 course meal with wine, show, overnight stay, lots of activities and breakfast this morning. You can stay as long as you like for the 2 days. It is less than an hour from us and they have some great shows on there so I am sure we will be going again.

17 comments:

Isobel said...

Beautiful card. Love the blues x

Valerija said...

Just love this card!
Valerija xx

meg said...

Fantastic fun card, love the elephant it's beautifully coloured and looks great with the papers you chose, lovely to read about your short break.

Carole Pollard said...

Sounds like a great overnight stay and the previous days card was a perfect tribute to an Abba concert. I love your card today the design and stamp are perfect and i loved the title. Its strange how some colours just don't like the camera mine always struggles with greens Enjoy the weekend love and hugs Carole x

Fikreta said...

so sweet card!

Christine Dol said...

I love this card Marianne. The paper and the image are adorable. I must get going with my Christmas cards..you inspire me each time!
I would have loved to have gone with you to Potter's. Sounds like so much fun!!!

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute Marianne and fab colouring. Glad you had a nice 2 day break.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful and love the title of your post too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sarah said...

She is a lovely character and of course black is slimming!! The red ribbon and mat brightens the grey perfectly. Lovely card xx

Lisa said...

This is so sweet and beautiful!! I love Winter Ella!! So adorable!! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your friends!! It sounds so fun!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Chrissy said...

Adorable little elephant Marianne..fabulous card and sounds like a fabulous night away too.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Marianne, a very cute ellie and gorgeous papers
Lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Just gorgeous Marianne, sweet image and gorgeous colours, Kate x

Carol S. said...

A pretty Ellie and a pain when the photos change colour to RL colour! Sounds like a fun time was had. Have a lovely Sunday. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fab grey tones for the cute Ellie and fun papers!
Seems that you have had a fabulous night break!

misteejay said...

I sat and watched Mama Mia all the way through at the weekend (first time I have seen the whole film) and really found it to be fun. Hope you had a great time seeing the tribute band.
Such a cutie of an image - lovely card Marianne.
Toni xx

julie_woolston said...

How cute is Ella , so adorable . Sounds like a fabulous overnight stay, pleased you had a lovely time.
Hugs Julie xxx