Wednesday 28 June 2017

Colour drop flower


You may have seen the card I blogged last week using my new MFT colour drop dies. Today's card uses the stamps and dies. Now I had some rouble stamping them at first but after some advice on Facebook I was told I needed to get rid of the coating on the stamps by using an eraser or stamping with Versamark wiping it off on my palm then stamping with coloured ink. I did have to stamp them about four times to get an even colour but each time I use them they are getting better so the tricks work. I am so grateful I have a Tim Holtz stamping tool allowing me to stamp multiple times in the same place.

I love this colour combo. The dots are included in the stamp set (there are various sizes).  I added some washi tape and a pretty embellishment from The Works. They are getting more and more crafting stuff in there which is good. The sentiment is another of the free dies with this month's Papercrafter magazine.

Challenges
Allsorts flower power 

Have you entered my fairy stamp candy, see above?

20 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Really like this one, the colours are beautiful.x
.♥
[aNNie]

cotnob said...

Beautiful bold colours Marianne.
I always rub my solid stamps gently with a very fine emery board before I first use them.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Love the colours of your eye catching card Marianne

Anne

Carole Pollard said...

Gorgeous stamp technique loving the fab colours its lovely Love and hugs Carole x

Barb said...

This is lovely Marianne. The colours are gorgeous and I the centre embellishment looks so pretty.

I'll be back to join in with your candy this afternoon. Barbxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous, love the design and fab colours.xxx

Christine Dol said...

Love the shades of blues you used...and the little button in the center is a really nice touch!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a lovely creation Marianne. Love the rich colours and that embellishment in the middle.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Marianne, beautiful colours and design, I love your papers and the floral Bradford, Kate x

misteejay said...

Looks like you are having fun with your new stamps & dies.
Toni xx

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

pinky said...

Love the colours in this one Marianne. Thanks for pointing out my stamp mix up lol. It was a Marianne Stamp. My head is still between weddings!!

Valerija said...

Very beautiful. Love the colours.
Valerija xx

Kathleen said...

Great mix of colours for the lovely flower, great centre and design The stamping looks perfect, how did we manage without these stamping tools???
Thank you for joining our 'Flower Power' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Carol S. said...

Love the colour choice and design. A gorgeous card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Liz said...

Lovely creation, Marianne. I love the colours. xx

Unknown said...

Great card Marianne, love the pretty brad. The Works is really useful for embellishments and pretty trims like the crochet lace they stock and I love that you can order online and get it delivered to your local store to collect :)
Hugs, Kaz xx

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully done Marianne!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge!

Fikreta said...

lovely card!