Sunday 6 July 2014

Friends


I have wanted to make a scrapbook layout with this photo for two years but somehow I couldn't bring myself to. You see this is my lovely friend Janet who died two years ago and even now I found it a bit emotional to make but I found the perfect wording on a piece of K&Co paper and tried to smile as it says. Judging by the hairstyles and clothes this is late 80's and it is clearly Summer though we are are a bit warmly dressed. Ah yes that will be right, British Summer.

Janet loved flowers and butterflies and we visited several gardens together with our hubbies. The backing card is embossed Core'dinations and I used my favourite Doohickey and Joy butterfly dies. The papers are Tim Holtz vintage shabby and I added some card candi and flowers. I didn't want a large title, Friends says it all for me. I added some hidden journalling on the tab you can see underneath friends.


Challenges 
Delightful My favourite things (embellishments - dies and flowers) 
Crafting Musketeers Summertime 
Natalie and Amy Summertime

Hopefully the weather we will be good today as we have planned a day out so catch you later.

21 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is a wonderful and endearing tribute to your special friend Janet. She is definitely having this close to her heart from where she is now xxx
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Doreen said...

A fabulous layout Marianne.xxx

Sue said...

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend Marianne. This is so special, I love the papers, pretty detailing and such beautiful wording.
I hope you have a good Sunday.
Sue xx

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is really beautiful Marianne. Such lovely wording.
Have a great day out
Hugs Kelly

Stamps and Paper said...

Morning Marianne....just catching up on your blog since I've been away..you've make some fabulous cards..

Anne

Diane said...

Perfect wording for your special memory Marianne........such a lovely photo.

hugs Diane xx

sharonskardzkorner said...

A wonderful tribute to your friend Marianne. Lovely have special people like that in your life. <3

Sarah said...

This will be such a lovely thing to look at and reflect over in years to come Marianne. xx

Sue said...

Wonderful page and lo.Love the colours and butterflies.
Beautiful sentiment and photo to help keep your memories alive.
Sue xx

Jane Savage said...

Memories are so precious, Marianne, and you have captured this treasured moment so perfectly! Gorgeous colours and a fabulous use of die-cuts! I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you for sharing this personal and beautiful project with us at Delightful Challenges. Jane xx

Nicecrane Designs said...

Love the effect in the bird,,,, what a gorgeus tribute to your friend,,,,Thanks for your comments about my images at Brenda blog, so feel free to ask me your favorite product from all my stuff.

Linda Simpson said...

A fabulous layout in honour of your friend. Love the beautiful flowers and a great photograph too. Memories to treasure.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lorraine said...

A lovely page layout and photo Marianne, bringing back some special memories for you.
Lorraine x

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Marianne, it's a beautiful tribute to your dear friend, although emotional, I'm pleased you were able to complete it. Lovely layout and colours and then that sentiment is beautiful, hugs Kate x

Elfi said...

Such a beautiful layout that fits perfect our theme. Thank you for joining us at It's all about the Vintage.
Best regards
Elfi

Debs said...

Oh Marianne this is so gorgeous and truly embraces the beauty and meaning of scrapbooking. The sentiment is simply perfect.
Hope you've had a wonderful day.
Debs xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
This is a very pretty page and a lovely way to remember way such a special friend. The sentiment is just perfect!
Hugs Lynsey x

Carol S. said...

Those words say it all. I have lost a couple of friends and my sister 3 years ago. Still cannot do anything with their pictures yet. One day. Gorgeous photo and the papers pick up the flowers' colours beautifully. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Jackie said...

A beautiful page and a wonderful sentiment :o)
Jackie xx

mags said...

This is lovely Marianne. The wording is just perfect.
Mags
x

Marie Richardson said...

Such a lovely keepsake. The photo is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us this month over at Crafting Musketeers challenge blog.
Good Luck with the challenge
Hugs
Marie (DT for Crafting Musketeers)
xxxx