Sunday 11 May 2014

Transport


Thanks to all those who have left me comments whilst we have been away. We stayed in Peterborough on Thursday night and then in Harrogate for the last two nights. I had a wonderful time at LOTV's Birthday party yesterday and met so many blogging buddies. I bought 5 of the new fairies, some older stamps, a paper pad, a die and a couple of art pads

I have two cards to share today, both made using some postcards I bought at Ally Pally from Kraftyhands. Hubby declared these cards a hit so hopefully they will sell well. For the first card I used Papermania Al aboard papers. The map was made using DIs, Frayed Burlap, Broken China and Evergreen Bough and then overstamped with a Papermania stamp. I can take no credit for this idea which came from a blogging friend Lorraine (Rainey). I told her I loved it and would try it.


The second card uses papers from Bo Bunny Weekend Market, wooden arrow from a new set I bought from Little Claire, wooden chevrons from Studio Calico and baker's twine.

Challenges

22 comments:

misteejay said...

Great cards for the guys or even for a friend going off on their travels.

Glad to hear you had a fab time at LOTV.

Toni xx

susiestacey said...

Lovely to meet you and Lynsey yesterday. Lovely project today Marianne - enjoy the rest of the weekend and hope you find time to play with your new goodies x Susan x

Debs said...

Two fabulous cards Marianne - love the postcards and the map is brilliant.
So wish I could have made it to the LOTV party yesterday - maybe next time :o)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

Sue said...

Two fabulous cards Marianne,glad you had a lovely time.
Sue x

Bad Kitty said...

great card's

Sarah said...

They are two great "man" cards Marianne!! Sounds like you had fun!! xx

Lozzy said...

What great cards for the guys, love your layouts..Hugs Lozzy xx

Carol S. said...

Two brilliant cards for any man. Love the strong colours and the map is great. Love the designs. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.x

Sandra H said...

This is brilliangt Marianne x

cuilliesocks said...

So pleased you enjoyed yourself at LOTV party Marianne, and bagged yourself some goodies too.
Both wonderful cards, love the fantastic colours and images, really like the sailing ship,great male cards, hugs Kate x

Lynn (delphinoid) said...

Fab Cards Marianne!

I like both of them, but drawn to the first one more.

Happy Crafting!!! :) X X

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a great idea to use postcards for the focal piece on your cards, these two are fabulous male cards. I'm glad you liked the map idea and it turned out great on this card too. I guess we'll be seeing lots of LOTV fairy cards from you in the near future as you get to use lots of your new stamps. I bet it was amazing in the LOTV shop, I've only seen pictures myself but it looks like an Aladdin's Cave of goodies.
Lorraine

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous cards Marianne, definately will be hit. Glad you had a lovely time hun.

Donna x

Mandy said...

Two fabulous cards Marianne, just perfect for our latest challenge over at Let's Craft and Create. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

mags said...

Two fabulous cards Marianne. Very vintage feeling too. Sounds like you have had a fun few days. Hope you had a good stay in Peterborough (my home city).
Mags
x

Unknown said...

these are fantastic cards, so real looking.xxx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous masculine cards Marianne..I'm sure they will be a hit too..great images..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie said...

Both are so beautiful, I love the sailing ship in particular :o)
Jackie xx

julie_woolston said...

Stunning cards Marianne, these images are fabulous myself and the DT loved working with them.
Hugs Julie

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, these are great cards! I love the postcard toppers!
Hugs Lynsey x

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for sharing your delightful crafting for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for May - hope to see you again soon. x