Thursday 23 June 2011

Washington

I've been promising myself for ages that I must get more scrapbook pages done and so was determined to do one this evening. I love doing layouts so really must get more done. One a week would be good. Apologies for the flash as I forgot to turn it off and it's now getting dark so would have to use it anyway.

Graham really wanted one of these trick photos done provided I do a layout of it so I used it with a pic of the White House.The papers are DCWV Nautica. I bought a pad of these papers for £8 in America as I had a 40% off one item voucher. They would be £20 over here full price. They are gorgeous papers, many of them glittered like the blue one I used here. The flag was printed off the internet, the other embellishments are Jolees Boutique bought in America.

Challenges:
Divas by Design Anything but a card
Paperplay Stars and stripes
Craft Us Crazy Red, white and blue
Ladybug Crafts Ink Use red (Thanks Lisa Jane, wasn't sure I could enter a layout)

Scroll down for my first post today showing my craftroom progress. Also if you haven't spotted the 25% off everything sale at Crafty Emma's Store then get over there and grab some bargains. If you liked my surfboard paper I used earlier this week for example you can now buy a 12 x 12 sheet for just 7.5p! I placed my order today for a few necessities, lol. Sale ends Monday at 10am so hurry over there, after leaving me a comment of course.

12 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

love the photograph it really goes well with the layout and the little stars too
Hugs Kate xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fabulous .. i love the photo and the dotty DP
Have you entered our red challenge at Ladybug crafts ink .. this would be perfect
Lisa x

dolcreations said...

Marianne, this is totally awesome how you did this layout. I love the trick photograhy!!!!! I too, MUST get cracking with the layouts too. I need to get back at it! Thank-you so much for inspiring me!Did Hubby get the mauve paint on the walls done? I am so excited for you....please be sure to post pictures again!

Linda said...

What a great layout,
hugs linda

pinky said...

Marianne this is brilliant, what a great idea and you really pulled it off. Love the papers. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Unknown said...

Hi Marianne, well you had me fooled to begin with! I had to do a double take before I realised it was photo-trickery! Lovely LO and thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Berry said...

This is such a cool layout Marianne what great work with that photo its brill! Thanks for sharing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Sandra H said...

This is stunning.:) Sandra H

Vicky said...

Fantastic Marianne...what a great layout hun...!

thanks for joining us at Divas...and good luck..!

hugs Vicky xx

cowboydutrem said...

A lovely page... Thanks for playing in the Ladybug Crafts Ink red challenge!

Anita said...

Fabulous scrapbook page. Thanks for playing in the LCI Challenge.

majsan said...

That was a nice LO of your husband and the president...Nice memory to save for the next generation.
Thank you for sharing with us at CRAFT US CRAZY
Hugs,
Maria