Wednesday 29 June 2011

Distressed and torn

A very quick post from me as I got home from the show a little while ago and just managed to sneak a little computer time in. We had a lovely time and I managed to pick up something for my craftroom which I'll reveal in the pics at the end of the week.

I was asked to make some samples for Crafter's Companion for some upcoming shows featuring Tim Holtz Core'dinations. The colours of this gorgeous card match the distress inks. Now I've never used Core'dinations before and I'm not usually into tearing and distressing but I had such fun playing with this card. I used some paper from one of the SWALK CDs which I colourised and also used a SWALK stamp. I crimped a strip of card and then tore it and added ribbon and a bow. The flower and leaves were made with  Marianne dies which I then sanded and scrunched. I used a Darice embossing folder also from Crafter's Companion which I them sanded too to reveal the core colour. If you haven't tried Core'dinations before then I highly recommend this pack.

Challenges:
CES Anything but square
Secret Crafter Embossing
Stamps R Us There was a little girl

16 comments:

Donna Mosley said...

Oh its just so beautiful Marianne, Love all the gorgeous distressed embossing. A very sweet image and fab design.

Donna x

Miria said...

Great take on distressed embossing, Marianne! I love how you used different papers, hugs, Miria

pinky said...

Its just beautiful Marianne, love those papers, they are perfect for embossing with.

Vicky said...

It's gorgeous Marianne...and the embossing is fabby too hun..

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Sandra H said...

Wow.......so beautiful.:) Sandra H

Yvette said...

such a pretty card, i have some Core'dinations card that is lurking at the bottom of a pile waiting for me to do something with it but i didn't know what, having seen your card i'm going to make a point of digging it out and using it this week, so thanks :-)

Berry said...

This is super sweet Marianne just adorable hugs Rebekah xx

dolcreations said...

What an adorable image that you have centered in the middle of the beautiful embossing! Glad to hear you had a wonderful day. Looking forward to your pictures!

carrie-lee said...

a lopvely card hun, the distressed look makes it look fab xxx

coops said...

stunning card marianne.i love the distressed embossing and gorgeous colours and image ;D

xx coops xx

Curly said...

gorgeous card i love the embossing and the image is adorable,

Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 140 Embossing, I hope you join us again next week,

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Loz said...

love these colours marianne! ♥

Anonymous said...

Very very nice card

Julie said...

Gorgeous card, Marianne - love your colouring and the embossed frame!! Thanks for joining us at CES challenges this week, Juliexx

Andie's Space said...

Hi Marianne,
Love the cute image & your embossing is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Marilyn said...

So cute! Great image and I like the papers you've used and how they match the image colours.
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.
Marilyn