Sunday, 16 January 2011

Two for Sunday

This is my second post for today. I have made two cards using Lili of the Valley stamps. The first stamp is one I bought at the NEC. I love this image yet it is the first time I have used it. The papers are BG Capella and I used another of my new MS border punches, this time double loops. I also used a new Nestie, inverted scallop circles. If you like this, you could win a set in my candy on offer.
Challenges
A Gem of a Challenge Fab sketch
Colour Create Pink, blue, grey and white
The Corrosive Challenge Lace and pearls

The second card was made using the great sketch at Wild Orchid. Papers are all from the yummy Papermania capsule pack. I popped into the Range last Friday to get the new Do Crafts mag and resisted the lovely new paper packs, including 2 gorgeous new capsule collections. I think I have enough papers to last my lifetime and decided I am not going to buy any for a while, but start using up odd packs of papers. Flowers are Wild Orchid and I added some gems and punched fern leaves. The die cut Bible I found in my stash and was bought from Twiddleys. I used to use die cuts a lot before I discovered stamping and sometimes find them useful to enhance the images, especially on large cards like this one.
I would also like to enter this into the challenges at:
2 Sisters Flowers
Sarah Hurley New beginnings
Crafty Creations New beginnings
Passion for Promarkers Baby card
By the cute and girly Bling it on (Glitter, gems and silver on the Bible)

28 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a gorgeous card. The image is so adorable and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

downrightcrafty said...

oh where to start
I love the top one with that gorgeous dp paper and such pretty lace such a lovely creation and the the christening one such a sweet image, love the addition of the bible and those gorgeous flowers with the little gems just peaking out
Hugs Kate xx

Nina Macaulay said...

Beautiful cards marianne!
I love the first one best :O)
Such a sweet motiv and nice layouts.

Hugs Nina x

dolcreations said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards Marianne! I am just loving the images and the paper that you have used. I always say I am going to try and use up what I have for paper and then they come out with new stuff I have to have!LOL

coops said...

stunning card marianne.i love the sweet image and your colours and details are beautiful.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Emma said...

Both such gorgeous cards Marianne, adorable images and locely colours.
Hugs Emma x

Linda said...

what a gorgeous cards
hugs linda

Gro said...

Gorgeous card. Love your image, and colouring. Thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, these are such beautiful cards! Love the papers on the first one. The layout on the second one is fab for a christening card.
Hugs Lynsey x

Vixx handmade cards said...

Wow Marianne two beautiful cards hun! Love the first card for the sweet image and papers and the second one for the super layout and gorgeous flowers :o)

Hugs Vicky xx

Janet said...

super cute cards! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Debbie said...

Hi Marianne - two beautiful cards my dear...just love that first stamp - it is way too cute. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)

Debbie The Crafty Pad

Mary said...

lovely cards and an excellent addition of lace and pearls. Thanks for playing along with Corrosive Challenges!

Fiona said...

2 fab cards Marianne....love the top one.

fi
x

Carole of Brum said...

2 lovely cards Marianne, seeing your LOTV image is tempting me to buy some myself.....but I must resist! Lol. Nice blog, just saw it for the first time today. coB

Rebekah said...

Love these LOTV cards Marianne, the images are so sweet esp that first one! Love the pinks on the second though! Hugs Rebekah xx

Christine said...

Gorgeous colors fab take on the Pink Gem sketch thanks for sharing & joining us this wk at A Gem Of a chall.

smiles Christine xx

Ida / Little said...

Gorgeous cards Marianne, love the papers u have used on your baby card! :) Thanks for joining us at PfP this week!

Hugs Ida

Mina said...

two fabulous cards for these beautiful LOTV images Marianne...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh these are fabulous.
luv
Debby

Michele said...

Such gorgeous cards Marianne. Love the images you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards Marianne :-) I love the sweet images and fab layouts.

Knowing how you love them, I can't believe you managed to resist the new Papermania Capsule papers ... how long for I wonder :-)

Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

Two beautiful cards - so pretty
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month
Lisa ;)

Pat said...

Pretty pink card! Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters. Good luck with the challenge this week!

PS...I love the image on your 1st card!

Hugs!
Pat

Mandy said...

Hi Marianne,
2 beautiful cards...I'm loving the LOTV one and the second one is lovely,can see what you mean about the die cut it's perfect....
Mandy x

Sarah Hurley said...

lovely cards! thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley Challenges this week

Sarah x

Miria said...

They're both adorable, Marianne! I can't choose just one! Hugs, Miria

Anita Hovey said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge this week.