Friday 12 November 2010

Skating bears

This week at Winter Wonderland Kate has given us the fun challenge of Winter Sports so let's see those skis, skates, sleds etc. I have used a Pollycraft image which I bought last year for my hubby's Christmas card. I made that one in blue and red but rummaging through my Papermania Winter's Tale I came across this lovely red and green striped paper so that was the basis for my colour scheme o this A5 card. I love mixing stripes so added some striped ribbon. I doodled some faux stitching and some snowflakes on the image which was coloured with PMs. I added glitter flocking to the fur and glossy accents to the ice. The large scalloped circle was cut with one of my new Go Kreate dies. Snowflakes were made with white glitter card, Sizzix and Marianne dies (It's hard for me to type those two words together, you know!) and MS punch with added pearls and snowflake brad.
I am also entering my card into the following challenges:
Sunday sketch and stamp Fab sketch
Pollycraft Doodling
Crafty Calendar Winter (option snowflakes) They also have a DT call which I am entering
Bee Crafty Christmas 2
Paper Sundaes Let it Snow
Cute Card Thursday Anything Goes
A spoon full of sugar Snow, snowflakes

Sorry I haven't had much time for blogging this week but I have been busy finalising my website which has been launched this morning. I hope you get time to pop over and leave me a comment in the guestbook.

13 comments:

dolcreations said...

I love your card Marianne! The little bear skating is a cutie that is for sure! I am going to try and get a card made for this challenge...I love it this week!
LOVE your new website!

Jill said...

Really cute image Marianne and great colouring. Jill x

downrightcrafty said...

oh I love the energy this little bear is showing he could skate right off the page, and those stripes are fabulous love the colours on the dp
have a great weekend
Hugs Kate x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card Marianne!, fab image and great colouring too. Well done with the website!, it looks amazing,
hugs Vicky xx

Lynsey said...

Fantastic card Marianne! Love the colour scheme.
Hugs Lynsey c=x

Unknown said...

beautiful cardf, love the papers you've used, image is so cute, i love you layout too, very beautiful,

Jenny :)

Mira said...

This is lovely, like those colours :)
Thanks for joining us at SS&S.
Mira =)

♥Gemma♥ said...

Its so adorable.....such sweet image and gorgeous papers you have used :o)
hugs and xxx

Babs said...

Love those papers Marianne, the stripe reminds me of candy cane`s
love the layout of your card and your image is sooo cute and love your card too.

Babs x

Liz McGuire, said...

Love this, bright and bold. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Calendar this month.

Liz x

Tracy Valure said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
Tracy

Julie said...

Super cute card! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Shana said...

Nice shading and bold traditional holiday colours! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!