Friday 5 November 2010

Sing a Christmas Carol and the NEC

It's my challenge this week at Winter Wonderland and I have set "Sing a Christmas Carol" This is another image someone stamped for me a while ago and I've never used before, but I'm sure this one is a SN image. Papers are Papermania Winter's Tale. I used the MS zigzag punch again, added some flowers, brads and Sizzix cut leaves, some gems and corners for the lovely sketch at Sketch and Stash. I hope you'll join in the singing this week. The lucky winner will win 4 digis from Pink Gem.

What a great time I had at the NEC yesterday with my friend Lynsey. We met Leann and Sara on the Crafter's Companion stand and had a chat with 2 lovely customers, helping them to spend their money. They were so complimentary about our cards when Leann told them we are on the CC DT. We almost felt famous for a moment, lol! (From left to right Lynsey, Sara, Leann, me).

We were lucky enough to get some fo the new LOTV stamps which are gorgeous. You can see some of my cards on the LOTV inspirations blog here. I got home about 9pm last night and I've been out all day today so my stash is still everywhere. I've bought some new things to try out, embossing powder and a heat gun and some Aquamarkers. I'm now going to put it all away and then do a bit of blogging. I've just been checking the challenges and found I've won the MAWTT challenge, thanks girls. Have a great weekend everyone. We're off the to see The Nutcracker ballet at the theatre tomorrow night.

17 comments:

Jill said...

Oooh Marianne, what a happy 'lot' you look! Would have loved to have been there this year but am going to the USA for 3 weeks at the end of November (and that needs saving for!!!) So pleased that you had a nice time and will look forward to all the new things you will be making!! Jill x

Unknown said...

what a great pic and a lovely xmas card, enjoy your new goodies and have a great weekend
Chris x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Such a lovely Christmas card! I love this cute snowman image and fab papers. Glad you had a great time at the NEC and met up with the lovely Leann and Sara.

Lisa x

Lyse said...

Too bad I don't live in U.K so I could go on the NEC event, see everyone and could buy the new LOTV stamps.

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card!! Sounds like you had a fab day at NEC and good photo :o)
hugs and xxx

downrightcrafty said...

Fabulous photo and bet you was thrilled around the cc fame bit :) love the card and the way it has the punched edge on the deep panels really effective
enjoy your next evening out and have a great weekend
Hugs Kate xx

Vicky said...

Marianne so glad you had a great time at the NEC, and what a great photo of you all :o). Such a gorgeous card hun, love the cute snowman and great papers too. Have a great time at the ballet tomorrow night,
hugs Vicky xx

Loz said...

gorgeous card Marianne! Glad you had fun at the show - can't wait to see how you use all your new goodies, have fun! ♥

Berry said...

Marianne you lucky thing it looks like you had the most amazing time! Can't wait to see all your new creations with new goodies, fab snowman xmas card too! Hugs Rebekah xx

Sue said...

morning Marianne,wow i love this card,really cute snowmen(think i may have this stamp hidden away somewhere too) and gorgeous papers...love it:)

thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

dolcreations said...

You guys look like you are having a ball! I wish I could have come along! I can hardly wait to see what you do with your heat gun and embossing powder! Your challenge this week is such a good one.I now need to go and find a stamp that would be perfect so I can join in the fun! LOVE your card Marianne...you know I love snowman!!!!

Lizzy said...

Gorgeous card! luv the fab image & lush dp's.

Thanks for joining us at Sketch & Stash

xx Lizzy xx :)

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card - Really cute image and I love the colours - thanks for joining us at Sketch and Stash. Hugs Bev x

bluebell-flowerwood said...

oh what a lovely phot, i exspect it was a moment to remember. what was new,as i couldnot get this time. am waiting for lilly of the vally stamp to come on there web site happy crafting. will be nice to see what you do with your new stampslove bluebell-flowerwood

pinky said...

Love the photo Marianne, definitely are famous now girl!! Love your snowman card and can't wait to see what you have bought.
Pinky

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne, what a great day out we had! What a great photo of us all!
Your card is fantastic, those snowmen are so cute!
Hugs Lynsey x

Babs said...

your snowmen are really cute Marianne, love the flowers a great card.

Babs x