Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Happy Birthday Mum

As promised I'm back with a second post tonight and it's another LOTV image. It's my Mum's Birthday on Saturday so I wanted to make her a special card as she really appreciates them and usually keeps them on display for 2-3 months. I haven't made her an easel card before and as I love these thought it would be something special for her to display. I just love this stamp and have used her several times lately in various colours but blue and aqua is a first for me. I added lots of glitter to her wings and flowers. Papers are Papermania Aqua capsule collection, flowers are all Wild Orchid. I took the stamens out of a cherry blossom flower and added a small rose. I used a Sakura silver gellyroll pen for more sparkle on the punched leaves and various shiny embellies and ribbon.

This card fits so many challenges
Lili of the Valley Four seasons (mine's Summer, though an umbrella would be more appropriate!)
Friday Sketchers
Totally Gorjuss Aqua
The Crafty Pad Glitz and glitter
Flutterby Wednesday Open
Simon Says Summertime blues
Charisma Easel card
Stamp Something Fairy tale
Sweet Stampin' Favourite stamp (can't have just one fave but this is definitely in my top 10)
The Pink Elephant Ribbon and sparkles
Wild Orchid One for the girls
Creative Card Crew Sparkle and shine
Everybody Art In the garden

26 comments:

Babs said...

This is adorable Marianne,the image is really sweet and coloured so lovely, your Mum will love it iam sure
Babs x

downrightcrafty said...

what a stunner absolutely gorgeous. Love everything about it and I am sure your mum will too
Kate xx

Lena Katrine said...

What a great card! Georgeous papers and details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K

Vixx handmade cards said...

Such a beautiful card Marianne!, so love this image and your mum will just love it :o)
Take care Vicky xx

Nancy said...

Wow, I just love that image, and you really paired it with some wonderful colors!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week at Flutter by Wednesday!!

Faye said...

Fab easel card, it's so pretty. Thanks for playing at Charisma & Sweet Stampin this week. x

Mary J said...

Oh Marianne, what a lovely sweet feminine card! I haven't tried an easel card yet - I really should cos they look so gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and I hope you will join us for the next challenge with your inspiration!

dolcreations said...

This is such a special card Marianne. The papers are GORGEOUS and the image absolutely beautiful. Your mom will be keeping this one up until she gets her Christmas card!!

Danni said...

This is just beautiful! Love the gorgeous colors/papers!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Jill said...

I am sure your Mum will be really pleased with your pretty card. Beautiful colours and gorgeous flowers! Jill x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I love this image and the papers and colours you used are lovely :-) Am sure your mum will LOVE this :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Marianne.
luv
Debby

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

謝謝大大分享!!經典!~(。・ω・)............................................................

Lindsey said...

How pretty! Love the image and the colours you have used.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Linds x

Suzi said...

Hi Marianne, Oh I love this, such a feminine card, the colour combo, image and sparkle are gorgeous. I'm sure your Mum will adore it. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week with your lovely creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

Lynsey said...

This is stunning Marianne! I bet your mum will love it!
Hugs Lynsey x

Vee said...

Such a sweet card. Love the colours and the lovely image.
Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

wonderful card !! I love the sweet image and the colours !!thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow this is beautiful! Such a gorgeous colour combo and this LOTV image is so pretty. I am sure your mum will love it. My mum and MIL also keep their cards up for months. At least we know they appreciate them :o)

Lisa x

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Marianne, the image is adorable and such gorgeous colours.
Hugs Emma x

Janneke said...

Pretty card ;o)
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

Janneke Xo

Jinx said...

Beautiful!!! I love the colours!

Silvia said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a lovely fairy card! Love the colors and embellishments,they go beautifully with your image. Thanks so much for playing along with Creative Card Crew this week!
Denise
CCCDT

kaos said...

so sweet - I love this LOTV image - and a beautiful easel card - i am sure that one will be on display even longer....

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is so lovely! Love this image and she looks very pretty in the colours you've used :o) Lisa x