Friday 28 May 2010

Vintage card


SECOND POST FOR TODAY. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR FIRST POST AND SCROLL UP FOR CANDY, CLOSING NEXT WEEKEND.

Firstly welcome to my lovely new followers. I hope I have managed the vintage look I was trying for with this card. The image is from the Greeting Farm, papers are BG and Papermania Heather. I inked and distressed all the edges. The lace was white so I soaked it in cold tea to give it a more vintage look. The strip of green flowery ribbon on the left was the size label from a top I bought today and the wine ribbon was from the inside of another top. Flowers are Wild Orchid with punched fern leaves.

Challenges

All that scraps Lovely sketch, I love them with lots of layers
Create 4 fun Vintage card
ABC V for vintage
Crafty Creations Favourite stamp (impossible to choose just one but this is definitely in my top 10)
Creative Inspirations Distressed

You may have noticed those funky new Sugar Nellie stamps advertised on my sidebar. I found out today that I have won something from SN for publicising their new range. How great is that. No idea what I have won, but anything from SN will be lovely.I'm not sure I will have much time, if any, for crafting or blogging this weekend so enjoy yourselves and I will catch up with you as soon as I can.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous my fav colours and I love this stamp, I must get mine out, it does look vintage great idea putting the lace in tea.
Christine x

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne this is a real beauty! Love the vintage style of your card.
Hugs Lynsey x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous card! Love the image and pretty flowers.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Lisa x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Marianne, such a sweet image and vibrant colours.
Lisa is fine hun she's just running her ebay shop now & giving up blogging
hugs Mandy xx

craftyb said...

love this image....gorgeous card...love the vintage feel! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

kaos said...

A great card - so many details, so much to see - great!

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations with your fab creation!Cheers Claire x