Thursday 20 May 2010

Time for a scrapbook page

SECOND POST FOR TODAY. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR EARLIER POST AND SCROLL UP FOR CANDY.

I have been longing to start scrapbooking again but felt a bit daunted by the prospect. You see I haven't done any for such a long time and when I look back at the pages I have done I realise they are more of a cross between a photo album and a scrapbook. I have been looking at some of the great scrapbook pages in magazines and blogs and I realised that I need to remember that less is more and not try to fit 3 photos on one page and fill every available space. I need to apply all the things I have learnt about cardmaking to my scrapbooking.

I started with just one photo and this great sketch from Sketch Saturday and the idea of blast from the past for the challenge at Incy Wincy. The photo is from last year's holiday in New England. I had always wanted to have some photos taken in one of those places that have all the costumes but have been put off by the fact that you end up with one or two photos at quite a cost. The place we found in Salem put the pictures(about 50 of them) onto a CD which was so much better as we could just print out the ones we want and include a few in our slideshow CD we always make of our holidays. I added some lace to echo the lace on my beautiful dress and the flowers to match my hat. I am really pleased with the result. It is so much better than my previous scrapbook attempt. I would love to know what you think. Please give me your honest opinions, good or bad. I need to learn.

16 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

Hi Marianne - now believe it or not I do layouts myself but again not for some time. I think this is lovely, the colours from the back strips pick up the photo colours brilliantly and the red lace picks up the flowers so it is all balanced very nicely
Kate xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Wow this is a beautiful scrapbook page! I love the colours and such a lovely photograph of you and Graham. The flowers and lace are perfect for this beautiful layout.

Lisa x

dolcreations said...

It is so funny you posted a scrapbooking page. I have been at myself lately to get going with my scrapbooking books...so when I saw yours,I immediately smiled and realized...you have lite a fire under me to get things out to scrapbook! Your layout is so nice...I am loving EVERYTHING you have done...the lace is perfect on there too! I remember that picture when you posted it! Good for you Marianne for doing such a great layout....and thank-you for inspiring me so much with this!

Unknown said...

I love it! I started with scrapbooking 5 years ago and like you have not done much for so long funnily enough I have just scheduled a post for the morning with 3 LO I did last weekend! This ww teamie thing seems to have us thinking alike :0)

Loz said...

I have never SB so I know nothing, but this looks great! I love the lace, dressing up sure looked like fun! I like your layout cause the eye is drawn to the photo, not the fancy stuff around it. ♥

Mandy said...

Hi Marianne, I know nothing about scrapbooking but your page looks lovely to me hun, fab piccy
hugs Mandy xx

TeenaBugg38 said...

Hi Marianne!

I'm a scrapper and I think your page looks beautiful! What matters is what YOU think tho! Some people prefer really clean and simple lines with just one photo and very simple embellishments and others love to just pile it on! And i think they are both great :) Follow your mood and your heart and you will ALWAYS love your pages :) And those sketch challenges help too.....LOL. Too many people overthink it and feel overwhelmed. I tell em "it's just paper"!!!

Unknown said...

I am a scrapper... I have only recently started to make my own cards. The best thing about scrapbooking is creating the memory... I scrapbook by telling my kids the stories and I think there is no right way or wrong way to tell your own stories. Scrapbooking is very personal and I think as someone else has said, too many people over think it! I love your page, by the way...
Hugs
Kim
x

Linda said...

That is very beautiful, i also love your card with the aniversary bears.
hugs Linda

Nikki said...

Great page you've created :)
Thanks for Playing Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

Unknown said...

Well done Marianne, your LO is beautiful. I'm abit like you might have been, I like to fill in all the space but like you I'm learning how to say stop and less is more. I'm in an ATC swap this month with the theme 'Wild Wild West' the photo of you and your partner is perfect. Welcome back to scrapbooking.
*Hugs*

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant Marianne, pefect colours. I scrapbook and my golden rule is that I'm trying to enhance my photos which I think you've done just that.
luv
Debby

Heather "Hev" said...

Looks like you had lots of fun :)


Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Good luck :)

Please come and visit my personal blog Vanilla Hevn

Lynsey said...

This is really a fantastic layout Marianne!
I look forward to seeing more of your layouts.
Hugs Lynsey x

Jo said...

Lovely to see one of our sketches used with a scrapbook page, and a fab page it is too!
Thank you for joining in our challenge this week at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Shelley said...

Oh wow, I love the outfits they look fab!!! Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge.
Hugs Shelley xx