Monday 17 May 2010

Three very different cards today

My cards are like buses today, none for 2 days and then 3 show up! As regular followers will know I am off work with labrynthitis and getting fed up with having it. It has been a week now but I am told it usually takes a couple of weeks to clear up. Graham took me out at the weekend. As much as I am enjoying being at home crafting and reading not being able to do much else isn't so good and it was nice to get out. Saturday we went to the garden centre and craft shop where I wanted to buy the new Henbury Lane paper. They had sold out of it so I bought some MME paper instead and some lace. Well I couldn't come out empty handed could I? Yesterday we went into Norwich as it is so much quieter on a Sunday and I needed some more library books. We had lunch and did a bit of shopping. Norwich is renowned for its shops but only has one store in the city centre which sells crafts and no Henbury Lane paper either but I did manage to get the last pack of Rose Garden. We wer going back to the car and I couldn't go another step. Went for coffee and hubby said my face was as white as the cup!

Well enough rambling on to the cards.


The first one is for The Sugar Bowl challenge. They always have such great sketches and an extra which was recycle. I used some silver ribbon which I cut off a top. I don't know about you but I can't bear having those ribbons inside a top to hang it up with so I take them off straight away and pop them in my ribbon box. Papers are my new Papermania Rose Garden and I used the same papers to punch out the flowers.

The next great sketch is from Creative Card Crew made using a Lili of the Valley stamp which Lynsey bought me when I left my last job. Papers are my new MME Wild Asparagus. I added some die cut swirls and gems rather than flowers so the card could be used for male or female. Charisma's challenge is sweet treats ie food or drink.

Lastly this fun image was a freebie from Bugaboo and is perfect for the challenge of make me laugh at Digital Tuesday. I used the fab sketch at CRAFT for this one. The ladybird foam stickers I bought in America and the sentiment was done on the PC.
A final word from me. I have 63 entries for my candy so far. If I reach 100 I will add a second prize so there will be 2 lucky winners so spread the word.

15 comments:

dolcreations said...

Marianne your cards are awesome! Hang in there...you will feel better very soon...enjoy reading and making cards! As I am enjoying seeing all that you create!

downrightcrafty said...

bless you hun, love all of these creations but especially the ladybird get well card, love the layout and sentiment just perfect
Kate x

Linda said...

What a gorgeous cards. And the card with the cat and mouse, that image is so sweet.
hugs linda

Trimgym said...

Great cards, great take on Eileen's sketch. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!

Jo and Tigerlover.

MagsB said...

Lovely cards! The bug one makes me smile!

I also cut out those irritating ribbons to use for cardage! Waste not, want not!

Get well soon.

coldwaters2 said...

Marianne these are fabulous cards and I love the one for our 'Make Me laugh' challenge at Digital Tuesday that imagine is really fun and I adore your colours thank you for joining us this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzi Mac said...

This is fab Marianne, wonderful take on Ei's sketch. Love that image and those ladybirds. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x

debby4000 said...

Oh what wonderful cards Marianne.
luv
Debby

Kim. said...

Three beautiful cards, love all the images and you chose well with your matching papers. Hope your feeling better soon.
Kim xXx

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous cards! My fav is the Sugar Nellie one. Such a sweet image, pretty papers and fab layout.

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well.

Lisa x

Eiglas said...

Fab 'take on my sketch Chuck! Such a fun card! Love the colours too!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
(Don't miss next week (Thursday) - it's our blogaversary and there will be lots of fun...!)
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Claire Phillips said...

Love those ladybugs - so fun! Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. Cheers Claire x

Rose said...

Great card, those ladybirds are lovely!

Thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Allison said...

lovely cards
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Lynsey said...

Fantastic cards Marianne! I love all of them. I love the sugar bowl one, those papers are one of my favourites!
Hugs Lynsey x