Friday 21 May 2010

DT and GDT cards


It is my turn to host the challenge at Winter Wonderland and I have a sketch for you. I am so excited about this as it is my first sketch.


I hope you will find time to come and play as you could win a voucher to spend at


and/or be chosen as one of our top 3, not to mention building up that Christmas card pile.

My card features this cute couple from Gillian Roberts. Papers are BG Eskimo Kisses (how appropriate for the image). Not much of these papers left now and only 2 of these lovely Hero Arts poinsettias. I added some star bards for a change to match the star charm.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Basic Grey Punch it (punched borders and leaves with MS punches)
Secret Crafter Metal
Cupcake Blooming charming
ABC Christmas K is for Kissing
Bah Humbug Ribbon


The theme at Teddy Stampers is bedtime bears. This is my second and last GDT card from them. I decided rather than go for a sleepy bear I would use this beautiful Lili of the Valley image. Bedtime for me means following my nightly cleansing routine before bed just like this little bear. I added glossy accents to the mirror. Papers are Papermania Rose Garden. The paper pack also has some lovely sentiments and borders, both of which I used here. I layered the sentiment twice as it is rather small. Flowers are Wild Orchid with punched leaves.
This card is also for the following challenges:
Lili of the Valley Great sketch
A spoon full of sugar Cute and girly
Papertake Say it with flowers
Charisma 3D

21 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

I just love this Gillian Roberts stamp and you have as always presented it beautifully - love the colour combo
Kate xx

pinky said...

Well done on your first sketch and guest DT. Your a right busy bee. Love both the cards especially the lotv one.
Pinky

Unknown said...

hi Marianne
Beautiful sketch and cards beautiful colours.
Christine x

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Marianne and that sketch was so easy to use x J x

kaos said...

Great cards!
The Lili of the Valley one is so cute!

Jayne Hayward said...

Such a cute image you have used. Love the dp too and the flowers.

Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas challenge Blog.

Jayne xx

Max said...

Awww bless - what a sweet image you have used and I love your sketch so hope to get a chance to play along with you at WW this week. Thank you for joining in with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Cheryl said...

Oh they are both gorgeous,love your papers and embellies!!! Congrats on your first sketch,its brilliant!!
xx

Linda said...

Loved your sketch Marianne. Love the Gillian Roberts stamp on your card and the way you coloured, love Linda

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
I love your WW card and sketch and the other teddy card is just so cute! I love the flowers you have added.
Hugs Lynsey x

Danielle said...

Yay - I can leave a comment!!! Love your cards Marianne - and thanks for such a great sketch to play with this week! These kissing mice are just too adorable - great choice of papers!
Hugs, Danielle

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous i love the cutie image and the papers are great too, thank you for joining us this time at LOTV chalenge, big hugs pops x x x

Annie said...

Oh my goodness two beautiful cards and so cute too. Love them.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Shelly said...

Hi! Two lovely cards, great image & charm on your first! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Shelly ;)

Whisper said...

2 very fabby cards and thanks for letting me know about the 'Teddy Stampers Challenge' / Bedtime, Sam x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous cards! I love the LOTV image and pretty Rose Garden papers. The image you have used for the WW card is so cute and I love the BG papers.

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards hunny I especially love the card you made for Our challenge over on the ABC Christmas challenge with the Gillian Roberts image soooo cute Samantha :0)

Irene said...

Hello Marianne

What a fantastic sketch and 2 adorable and sweet cards. I love Gillian Robers and Lili of the Valley stamps. Your papers and flowers are gorgeous and tied up nicely with your perfect bow.

Thank you so much for joining in our challange at Bah!Humbug!

irene
xxxx

Rita said...

Wonderful card, its really christmassy too. Hugs Rita xx

Nicola said...

This is a gorgeous card and wonderful take on our sketch Marianne. Such a darling image and fabulous colour combo.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Your own sketch and card are superb, love your image, papers and wonderful detail.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love the papers on your Christmas card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x