Friday 14 May 2010

An anniversary and a fairy

SECOND POST FOR TODAY. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR MY WW DT CARD AND SCROLL UP TO ENTER MY CANDY.

Have you seen the new LOTV tutorial blog? I watched some of the videos last night and had a go at blending a colour into white using the blender pen. I never knew you could do this but I am so pleased with the result. What do you think?

This card is so me, I won't want to part with it. I have loved this image since LOTV first brought it out and finally bought it at Ally Pally. Is there anything I didn't buy there you must be thinking, lol! The background paper is BG Wisteria and the flowers are Prima hydrangeas with roses from Wild Orchid. The lovely sketch, which I rotated is from Stamptacular and there is a fairy challenge at Creative Inspirations.

The sketch at I love Promarkers was just perfect for this anniversary card. More BG papers from a candy win, thanks Mandy. I used my MS simple scallop border punch rather than hearts for a change but added some punched and gem hearts. The image is from CC designs and at Anyone for Anya you can now use CC designs as well as the Greeting Farm. Their challenge this week is numbers so this first anniversary card fits perfectly. Celebrate something is this week's challenge at Stamp Something and Totally Papercrafts want a wedding or anniversary card. Lastly Cute Card Thursday want a card for someone special. I felt her outfit was a bit plain so stamped a flower on her top and added some Sakura clearstar pen. More Wild Orchid flowers meaning I will need to make a box for this card as the middle rose is too large to get in an envelope.

Thanks for your good wishes to get well from yesterday's post. The labrynthitis is really bothering me today. It doesn't affect my cardmaking but does affect my typing so apologies if I haven't visited or if there are some typos in my comments. Have a great weekend everyone. Hope the sun shines on you.

26 comments:

Carolyn said...

Marianne I love your card. The colors are so beautiful. You've colored the fairy so perfectly. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Karen said...

Lovely Marianne, love the image and the papers are lovely. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
xx

Gemma said...

What a great card this is, I love the image, the fairy is just too cute! You have coloured her beautiful too! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, Gemma

downrightcrafty said...

Hiya

tried to scroll up for your candy but could not see it?? help as I would love to enter seen as you have some gorgeous stuff.

The Anniversary Fairy card, is beautiful and so delicate and wow that effect again, brill. The image is amazing too

Hugs Kate x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Marianne, the papers and flowers are lovely. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers. Sue C x

Lilacanglia said...

Oooo Marianne,
Fantastic cards, but have fell in love with that fairy card,
its pretty, beautiful, and fabulous colours,
Hugs
Angie

dolcreations said...

Your so right...that fairy card is so you! I love how you blended...I have tried to do that with my blender with not as much luck! I love the glitter around your image! Love the anniverary card too! The fairy card is awesome!

Emma said...

Both gorgeous card Marianne, adorable images and beautiful colours.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts & good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Unknown said...

Love your cards!
Hugs
Kim
x

katesacraftybugger said...

Love them both but especially the one for our challenge , thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers

Dragonlady said...

Hi Marianne

Must check out that tutorial. Your image is beautiful, I have this image too so must get on and use it!!!!!

Hugs Ali x

Lynsey said...

Wow Marianne, your colouring looks amazing on the fairy! I better check out those videos! I love the anniversary card too, such pretty colours you have used.
Hugs Lynsey x

Annette said...

Wow fab card - great colour scheme! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Graphicat said...

I love the burst of purple glitter around the edge of your image! And great job blending to white. Its gorgeous

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week
Cheers
Cheri

Unknown said...

Two gorgeous cards Marianne. Your anniversary card is wonderfully colourful, and loves those flowers.

Thanks for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts.

Hugs

Joanne x

debby4000 said...

Oh what wonderful cards Marianne.
luv
Debby

Lorraine said...

What a very pretty anniversary card, although they're both gorgeous. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

Sue said...

Hi Marianne
aww a gorgeous card, great image, lovely papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Jo said...

Hi Marianne, I love your cards, especially that gorgeous LOTV fairy, you have made such a fab job of her. I am sorry to read that you are feeling poorly, hope you are improving and are little better. You take care and don't over do it!! Hugs Jo x

name said...

What a lovely card and your blending is perfect! Thanks for watching our Lili of the Valley tutorial and I'm so glad it's been a help!

Julie said...

Sweet card, thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya?

MagsB said...

Labrynthitis is horrible - two friends of mine had it last year. Very nasty. I hope it clears up really soon.

Those cards are lovely! The fairy is adorable; and the anniversary couple are so cute! Lovely colours, too.

LISA said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.

WeirdCat said...

great card, love the image and the hearts, thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh I just watched that tutorial this afternoon, Going to play with my blender pen 2nite. I love that image its so cute. Love the cards Hazelxo

kaos said...

Just wanted to let you know - I think your little fairy card is so lovely - everything fits so well...
"fairy" pretty :-)

regards
kaos