Monday 31 May 2010

Alice in Wonderland


I hope you have all had a good weekend. We had puring rain Saturday afternoon, on and off all day yesterday and today has been gloomy. About 5pm the sun finally decided to shine, just in time for people going back to work tomorrow after the Bank Holiday, typical! I had hoped to be back at work tomorrow but after feeling quite a bit better Thursday and Friday I have felt awful for the last 3 days and will be back to the doctor's tomorrow. This is the first bit of crafting I have done since Friday and I have spent very little time on the computer.

When I first saw these fab digi images from Spesch I knew they would be perfect for a scrapbook page with this photo of Graham meeting Alice in MGM Studios (now Hollywood Studios) in Orlando. Before I got round to buying them I was lucky enough to win 3 Spech images recently and so I chose Alice and the Queen of Hearts as 2 of my choices. I decided to convert the photo to black and white as a contrast to all the colour on the page.

I was lucky to find this paper with mushrooms in amongst some K&Co papers. I wanted to use lots of different flowers to give a real wonderland feeling. I also added some punched hearts with faux stitching to match the faux stitching around the queen's image.

Challenges:
Everybody Art Fairytale
Secret Crafter Buttons and blossoms
One Stitch at a Time Something New (digis)
The Shabby Tea Rooms Dear to my Heart
Passion for Promarkers Anything Goes

20 comments:

Judith Veldhuizen said...

Great Lo, love the colouring of alice and the queen!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Marianne, what a fab layout. Love the cute images and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our anniversary challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

June said...

Fabulous, i really love this one
hugs June xxx

Linda said...

This is very beautiful
hugs Linda

dolcreations said...

Marianne I love how you used images on your layout! What a FANTASTIC idea! Love the layout too!
I hope you are feeling better soon!

Jill said...

Hi Marianne Lovely LO and I hope you are feeling 100% soon. Jill x

Anonymous said...

Fab layout Marianne. Thanks for joining us at PFP. Sue C x

pinky said...

Its just lovely, the images are perfect for your layout. Be sure and enter this into Crafty Sentiments were the challenge is Punches.
Pinky

cheryl said...

gorgeous layout hun love the image and super colours too thanks for joining us at OSAAT love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Debbie said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week :)

Michele Roos said...

Such a fabulous layout Marianne and love the images you've used. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Lynsey said...

Hi Marianne
Your page is wonderful, I love the stamps they are just perfect for this layout!
So sorry to hear you are still poorly.
Hugs Lynsey x

Jessie said...

Fab page!

debby4000 said...

Oh brilliant layout, love the images.
luv
Debby

Nicole said...

Great page! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Tammy said...

Wonderful layout! Thanks for playing OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

Audrey Pettit said...

Those digital images are perfect for this page, for sure. Adorable. thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

Donna said...

Beautiful LO and fab use of buttons and blooms for this weeks challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at SCSC :) Donna x

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow wow wow this is fantastic. Your colouring is perfect and they look wonderful on the LO.
mwah
Trace

Anonymous said...

Hi, guantanamera121212