Friday 22 January 2010

Sassy Suzy Birthday and let's stop the guilt trip


We all have busy lives, some of us work, some of you have children and pets to look after and some of you manage all 3. Then there's the housework, cooking and ironing to be done. Not to mention gardening, not in this weather I know, decorating and all the normal things of life. Somehow we manage to fit in cardmaking and blogging around all these things. It just isn't possible for some of us to spend as much time as we would like visiting each other's blogs. I've decided we should stop apologising for not visiting, being bad bloggers or whatever. We visit when we can and we should just enjoy it and end the guilt trip.

That's me off my soapbox and on to the card. This is Sassy Suzy from the Greeting Farm. I used her last week for a purple Christmas card and this week she is in pink. I added some glitter to her coat and gave her hair a streaked look for a change. I just love this new MSBP and you'll be seeing a lot more of it.
Challenges
The Pink Elephant sketch
Anyone for Anya Black, white + 1
Charisma Fruity colours (I've used blackberry and strawberry)
Creative Card Crew Punch it

20 comments:

Paula said...

Wow what a stunning card such a lovely image and colours and fabulous details. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Jill said...

Really lovely image and I really like the punches that you have used. Jill

pinky said...

HERE HERE Marianne, love your card, nice purple colours and great wee image.
pinky

Mandy said...

Oh Marianne I didn't mean to make you cry hun, I think we've used all the kleenex supply too.
Beautiful card, love the colours and the sweet image.
You stay up on your soap box, you are so right I always tell people off for apologising and then nearly did it myself just now lol
Hugs Mandy xx

Jo said...

Lovely card Marianne. Hugs Jo x

CraftyC said...

Love your card Marianne and couldnt agree more with what you say though I am guilty of apologising in the past. Family must come 1st and I'm not on my laptop no where near as I was last year! Good on ya!
Clairexx

Pop's Cards said...

This is really pretty i love her in these clours too, very stylish, hugs Pops x x x

Allison said...

lovely card
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week
AllisonX

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Very pretty border, flowerheart and charm. Lovely card!

Love from AFA?!

Renata

Annie said...

wow sooooooooooooooo cool - what a great take on our sketch at the Pink Elephant. Love it.
Ann xxx

Ruthie said...

GO YOU! Completely agree - I work full time, have a child and lots of beasties - dont do housework if I can help it!!! I blog for fun and dont want it to turn into a chore!

Love the card and the two different looks with the one image!

Rx

dolcreations said...

I'm loving that dark purple and black together! Very nice!

Faye said...

I'm with you on the soap box and I love your card too! xxx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card and i just love the colour combo. luv gina xx

Debi said...

Lovely job on this! Thank you for playing along with this weeks Anyone for Anya? challenge.

Kim. said...

Wow calm down Marianne don't want you getting yourself in a state lol but I have to say I am with you 100% on this one. Some of us have far more time than others and why should those that don't be made to feel guilty!!
Anyhow onto your card which is beautiful, love that image not one that I have seen much of but very versatile as you showed, beautiful papers that black has a lovely effect to it and your border punch really sets it off.
Kim xXx

Sally said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Mandy said...

Hi hun, there's a little something for you on my blog
hugs Mandy xx

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and I love the pretty border.

We had a lovely meal at Zak's. Haven't been there for ages and it made a nice change. Luckily by the time we came out we had missed the football traffic.

Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Lisa x

Vee said...

Fab image and lovely colours.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee