Friday 18 September 2009

Cupcake and some exciting news


This is another card made for my guest DT spot at Squiggle Stamps. I wanted to show how you can use a simple stamp to make a lovely card. Well, I think it's lovely. I'm much more pleased with this one than the last card I posted. The colours are much more my style. I cut out the coloured stamp and layered it on nestie cut card embossed with the Cuttlebug divine swirls folder, layered onto another nestie. The gorgeous flocked paper was part of the goody bag sent by Tracy at Squiggle. It is so lush I didn't want to use it, but that is what paper is for isn't it or is it just to stroke and admire? I added some gems to the flocked flowers, some Primas and brads. No challenges for this card for a change.
And my exciting news. I have been asked by Stamptacular Sunday Challenge to be their guest DT for October. I hadn't realised that everyone who enters at least 3 of their challenges in a month has the chance to be their next guest DT. The DT vote for their favourite cardmaker each month and they chose me. It is so lovely to know that people think my cards are good enough to invite me to be a guest DT. I hope you'll all be joining in their challenges and that you like my entries.

8 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely cards Marianne. Jo x

Victoria said...

well done hun x

dolcreations said...

Congratulations on being the guest designer for October! I love doing there challenges! Can't wait to see what you come up with! I love your cupcake card!
Christine

Pop's Cards said...

This is really gorgeous, i love the colours that you have chosen, a beautiful creation, have a great weekend hugs Pops x

Lisa said...

Hi Marianne, Gorgeous card! Such pretty colours. Congratulations on the guest DT for Stamptacular.

Lisa x

jenny said...

Fabulous cupcake card Marianne, love the layout and I agree that paper is gorgeous!!

Have a great holiday :0) Lucky thing x

Jenny x

Lynsey said...

Another beautiful card Marianne! Love that cupcake! I know what you mean about the paper!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Pop's Cards said...

Paper sare yummy, and the image is gorgeous but making me hungry lol, hugs Pops x